Charlie Fisher

WIU02

Arizona State is currently getting beaten pretty good in their bowl game against NC State. I looked over their roster and they have some very good, young talent at the WR position. It would probably be a good situation for coach Fisher to enter, as much as I don't want to see it happen. I would expect to hear something shortly after the conclusion of ASU's season tonight. Happy New Year to all, it's been a while.
Neckfansince71

Yes, I have a feeling too that we will know fairly soon.;) jc
sealhall74

Charlie is an Eddie Robinson Award finalist, so I would think he will heading to Frisco this week along with Brett Taylor. Or maybe he would have to attend regardless to act as chaperone. ;)

Update: I am not getting into Frisco until Friday PM so dont ask me to stake out the airport.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:00 am Charlie is an Eddie Robinson Award finalist, so I would think he will heading to Frisco this week along with Brett Taylor. Or maybe he would have to attend regardless to act as chaperone. ;)

Update: I am not getting into Frisco until Friday PM so dont ask me to stake out the airport.
They already named Austin Peay's Will Healy as this year's Eddie Robinson Award winner, so I don't think he'd have to go for that. Probably each of the top 3 players for the Payton and Buchanan get to take their coaches as well.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

Saw on the Scoop that Wes Chandler is also being interviewed for WR job at AZst! Said we will know in the next 36 hours....No matter, we have a great staff to carry the tradition of Leatherneck football which ever way the door swings. ;) jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I was hoping it wouldn't quite work out, but it sounds like it's official now:
[tweet][/tweet]
sealhall74

Well, national search or promotion from within. My two cents is, given time, you always do national search for your money sports (football, mens and womens hoops).
Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:50 pm Well, national search or promotion from within. My two cents is, given time, you always do national search for your money sports (football, mens and womens hoops).

I don't know....maybe it would be better to promote from within since those coaches are the ones the recruits have been interacting with.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:17 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:50 pm Well, national search or promotion from within. My two cents is, given time, you always do national search for your money sports (football, mens and womens hoops).

I don't know....maybe it would be better to promote from within since those coaches are the ones the recruits have been interacting with.
That's kinda my thought. For consistency with the recruits and stuff and since he most likely won't be taking much, if any, of the existing staff with him...try to keep them mostly in place. It's a good staff.
GV Dad

Speaking for one recruit, it's pretty important to keep the staff together. As much as possible.