WIU at Illinois State (10/6/2018)

BobLovely

Time for my pick:

Western Illinois 32
Illinois State 29

Bob
Western_101

I guess this question is to anybody in the know, Scott may know best. I live just 35 minutes from Hancock Stadium, if I decide on game day I want to go will it be too late? I mean can I get walk up tickets?
LocalYokelFan

RedNeck wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:34 pm I guess this question is to anybody in the know, Scott may know best. I live just 35 minutes from Hancock Stadium, if I decide on game day I want to go will it be too late? I mean can I get walk up tickets?
I was at the playoff game in '15 and, while it was a good crowd, it certainly was not a sell-out. I would be shocked if there wasn't easy and cheap tickets available up through kick-off.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

RedNeck wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:34 pm I guess this question is to anybody in the know, Scott may know best. I live just 35 minutes from Hancock Stadium, if I decide on game day I want to go will it be too late? I mean can I get walk up tickets?
Hard to know for sure. I would say probably, but I don't know. Last year was completely sold out a few weeks before the game, but that was the 100th meeting. It looks like there are currently seats available on the edges of the "home" side as well as the south three sections of the "visitors" side, which is where most of the WIU fans will be. Here's what's available as of right now:

Grey is sold out, light red is limited seats available, darker areas have more seats available. It looks like there will probably be seats available, but I'd check that chart (over on this site) maybe the morning of the game before you head out, just in case.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Illinois State has a new "Clear Bag Policy". So plan accordingly.
https://goredbirds.com/sports/2018/7/16 ... olicy.aspx

Also, no umbrellas are allowed. Fans will need their rain gear.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:45 pm Illinois State has a new "Clear Bag Policy". So plan accordingly.
https://goredbirds.com/sports/2018/7/16 ... olicy.aspx

Also, no umbrellas are allowed. Fans will need their rain gear.
I think the alumni tent needs to hand out purple ponchos to everyone. Get a purple "wave" going in our section during the game ;)
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Update on this: I posted the question over at the ISU message board and they said that with the weather predicted, you shouldn't have any issue getting tickets at the gate. Threat of rain will keep a decent number of people home.
wiu712

Western defense making teams one-dimensional.

From the McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... imensional
wiu712

WIU notebook: Glisan and Moon rise, Ratkovich’s role, O-Line improvement and the plusses and minuses.

From Friday's McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... nd-minuses
Western_101

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:48 pm
Update on this: I posted the question over at the ISU message board and they said that with the weather predicted, you shouldn't have any issue getting tickets at the gate. Threat of rain will keep a decent number of people home.
Thanks Scott, I appreciate you inquiring on my behalf. I will see what the weather is doing, I like the Blo/No area no shortage of restaurants and watering holes. Also a nice place to catch some quality FCS action. :D