Time to Fire Billy Wright and Rebuild the Basketball Program

TheBatOfWesternHall

Mr King wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:54 am
TheBatOfWesternHall wrote:
leatherneckcountry wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:31 am Outside of the UND game there wasn’t a game that we lost because of the officiating. Give him another chance he’s had 5 years. It’s not about someone being a nice person when comes to being a money sport if they can’t get it done.
Well that's just not true. Im begging you to watch the product, or in my case echolocate the product. What a ridiculous claim and I once told a bat friend that my mother in law drinks blood.
So you’re going to tell me you’re going to blame five years of failure on referees. The 10 plus kids that have transferred. You have 3 players go talk to the A.D yesterday and more are going today. We won’t know until the end of March. But I can tell you this 7/8 players want out if he stays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I awoke from my midday slumber to read this. If officiating has been better we would be not only Summit League Champs but National Champs. If they leave they leave. I will always be in the rafters watching and admiring
TheBatOfWesternHall

Western_101 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:30 am
TheBatOfWesternHall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:30 am
Western_101 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:25 am

Implying that you live in a belfry might be considered a stereotype/typecasting perhaps you should sign up for an English 101 night class Son.

I agree that Billy Wright is a good man. The time has come for change. Billy needs a fresh start as does Western. Does Western not get the benefit of the doubt from the officials on the court? IDK. Winning programs always get preferential treatment. So yeah perhaps there is some small bias against Western. Let me just say this 3 D-I wins. All of those loses can't be put on the shoulders of biased officiating.

On an unrelated side note 100% true went to the Ophthalmologist today and he indicated I have cataracts in both eyes. I was pretty bummed, my wife didn't seem to care much for some reason. I'm feeling a little more upbeat having happened upon a Bat on a message board tonight that this Echolocation thing might be my next move.....I'll try it tomorrow, worst case scenario it will tick off my wife :lol:
Typecasting/Stereotyping in 2020 seriously bruh? English my 3rd language so rude of you to be mean to me about it. I'm sorry about your eyes, maybe donate them to officials because they couldn't possibly be worse than them. There is a bias against Western even if we were good I can guarentee you. I can claw your eyes out if you wish. Never forget though you will merely adopt the dark, I was born into it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I became of age by then it was nothing to me but blinding. Hopefully you soon will come into the light about Coach Wright.
TheBatofWesternHall, listen It is awfully hard to discern from your Posts if you are looking to be satirical or trying to be taken seriously. My take away is you are looking for something to grab onto to feign being offended.

"Bats in the Belfry" it's a saying, a phrase, a joke of sorts. Also, there is a poster on another board (Lawson knows who I mean) that has been in "Foghorn Leghorn" character for about 20,000 posts and 15 years! So yes I do enjoy roleplaying character posters! keep coming back.
Used to be a lot of sayings that were phased out when we as a society, bats and humans, realized how much words can hurt.
leatherneckcountry

TheBatOfWesternHall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:13 pm
TheBatOfWesternHall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:30 am
Typecasting/Stereotyping in 2020 seriously bruh? English my 3rd language so rude of you to be mean to me about it. I'm sorry about your eyes, maybe donate them to officials because they couldn't possibly be worse than them. There is a bias against Western even if we were good I can guarentee you. I can claw your eyes out if you wish. Never forget though you will merely adopt the dark, I was born into it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I became of age by then it was nothing to me but blinding. Hopefully you soon will come into the light about Coach Wright.
TheBatofWesternHall, listen It is awfully hard to discern from your Posts if you are looking to be satirical or trying to be taken seriously. My take away is you are looking for something to grab onto to feign being offended.

"Bats in the Belfry" it's a saying, a phrase, a joke of sorts. Also, there is a poster on another board (Lawson knows who I mean) that has been in "Foghorn Leghorn" character for about 20,000 posts and 15 years! So yes I do enjoy roleplaying character posters! keep coming back.
Used to be a lot of sayings that were phased out when we as a society, bats and humans, realized how much words can hurt.
Take a tranquilizer and shut to hell up.
TheBatOfWesternHall

leatherneckcountry wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:25 pm
TheBatOfWesternHall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:13 pm

Take a tranquilizer and shut to hell up.
I'm feeling a touch of maliciousness coming from you and I don't appreciate that. I just came on here to show my support for Leatherneck basketball and be amongst friends who have seen me fly around the Hall. There are several easier ways to kill a bat
TheBatOfWesternHall

vatusay wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:23 am Did I miss April fools day?

Yikes.

I just hope we don’t lose too much talent. I’ve heard rumors of some important pieces leavening. Hope that is not the case just like when Ceola Clark was rumored to be leaving after DT was finally let go.
April Fools day is in April. It is when Leatherneck basketball would be playing if the officials were on our side
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

We have what appears to be...rumblings?

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
TheBatOfWesternHall

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:41 pm We have what appears to be...rumblings?

I wonder who is leaking this false information to a random twitter account. The only source you need is me. All hail The Bat of Western Hall. Whoever is leaking this needs to be discovered and told to stop. I'll zip around and see if it's anyone who works here in Western Hall.
LeatherCy

A very successful DII coach just texted that WIU firing Billy today. Anyone close to WIU verify???
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

LeatherCy wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:15 pm A very successful DII coach just texted that WIU firing Billy today. Anyone close to WIU verify???
More news from "sources". Starting to sound a bit more legitimate. Still no official word from athletics, nor have I heard anything around campus (not that I'm out talking to people much).

EDIT - and it's bouncing around the twitter accounts of sports reporters, so it's looking pretty valid.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Mr King

ST_Lawson wrote:
LeatherCy wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:15 pm A very successful DII coach just texted that WIU firing Billy today. Anyone close to WIU verify???
More news from "sources". Starting to sound a bit more legitimate. Still no official word from athletics, nor have I heard anything around campus (not that I'm out talking to people much).

EDIT - and it's bouncing around the twitter accounts of sports reporters, so it's looking pretty valid.
Team meeting 4:30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk