2023/2024 Men's Basketball Schedule

sealhall74

Burlington Trailways also has 40 passenger busses which I assume have quite a bit more legroom.  That might work.  An entourage of 20 per team seems reasonable to bring home the Ws.  Certainly be a cost saver.  You maybe only need one trainer for the trip???  My two cents, but if someone is being redshirted, no can go.

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:Burlington Trailways also has 40 passenger busses which I assume have quite a bit more legroom.  That might work.  An entourage of 20 per team seems reasonable to bring home the Ws.  Certainly be a cost saver.  You maybe only need one trainer for the trip???  My two cents, but if someone is being redshirted, no can go.

Either way there’s going to be significant cost savings vs previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

They say recruiting is all about establishing relationships.  I think scheduling is the same thing.  Strive to get the home and home affairs going from year to year.  When you play a lot of D3s or NAIAs, I don't think you can improve much.  That opinion is based on my too often at the expense of studying experiences on the ping pong table in the Seal Hall lounge. You get better quicker when you play someone a tad bit better than you.
bignecks

Pretty disappointed with that schedule. As somebody who goes to home games, it stinks. 
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Ouch, only 2 OOC games against DI schools, 4 against non-DI schools.
Like others have said in the women's schedule thread...having those last couple of weeks all at home could be huge if either team (or both) are in the hunt for a good spot going into the conference tournament.
sealhall74

No mention of a game night in the QC like the one we had last year.  I guess you can always change the location as the season unfolds.  I hope Bubb does not give up on the idea.  Some conference matchup would be best.  I wonder how many EIU alums are in the QC and would come out for such a rivalry game?

Only one QC area athlete on the football team (Rudsell from Rockridge).  Events like this could help all programs.

pvk7072

IMHO ... do NOT move games like EIU, or even SEMO or Lindenwood -- certainly not EIU -- to the QC. WIU needs however many travel to boost attendance at the main campus. The WIU-EIU rivalry needs this to revive. Some other time, maybe.
sealhall74

pvk7072 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:51 am IMHO ... do NOT move games like EIU, or even SEMO or Lindenwood -- certainly not EIU -- to the QC. WIU needs however many travel to boost attendance at the main campus. The WIU-EIU rivalry needs this to revive. Some other time, maybe.

Yea, maybe EIU not the best one BUT whoever it is if it even happens, dont do it unless you can also charter 3 or 4 busses from Macomb to the QC for the game. I guess I was a lucky one who got to see the WIU/EIU rivalry at its best with 7K fans in the Hall.  Will a totally packed house in the Hall ever happen again?  Probably not unless we have another war along with student draft deferrments to put a lot more kids on campus.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

pvk7072 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:51 am IMHO ... do NOT move games like EIU, or even SEMO or Lindenwood -- certainly not EIU -- to the QC. WIU needs however many travel to boost attendance at the main campus. The WIU-EIU rivalry needs this to revive. Some other time, maybe.

I agree with that, but we also probably want to do it when students are not on campus...so during winter break. Home games during winter break this year are:
Monday, December 18 - Eureka College (Eureka, IL)
Thursday, January 4 - SEMO
Saturday, January 6 - Lindenwood

The women have Thursday, December 21 vs Cornell College (Mt. Vernon, IA), but the other two games/days are the same.

I think my preference would be to shoot for having a lower-division 1-off game at the QC. Like, see if they can move the Eureka College game to the 21st, and play a double-header...women vs Cornell College, men vs Eureka College...during the afternoon/evening on 12/21.