2023-2024 season

vatusay

Well if coach does move on, at least the program has some respectability back. Jeter elevated it and Boudreau kept it going. This recruiting class needs to have some key pieces come in. Lost almost the whole the core. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
leatherneckcountry

Seeing some offers going out so if coaches is leaving he’s offering kids 
leatherneckcountry

Seeing some offers going out so if coaches is leaving he’s offering kids 
screamingeaglepride

Did Western Illinois turn down a CBI bid? I saw that there are only 15 teams in the CBI tournament this year when there is suppose to be 16 teams. 
meganeck

screamingeaglepride wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:35 pm Did Western Illinois turn down a CBI bid? I saw that there are only 15 teams in the CBI tournament this year when there is suppose to be 16 teams. 

i wonder too if we turned down a bid, seeing some of the teams in some of the lower post season tournaments is kinda shocking. I'm not upset if they did, more than likely it would be a money loser for WIU and not much to gain with the majority of the team not coming back next season.
leatherneckcountry

meganeck wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:20 am
screamingeaglepride wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:35 pm Did Western Illinois turn down a CBI bid? I saw that there are only 15 teams in the CBI tournament this year when there is suppose to be 16 teams. 

i wonder too if we turned down a bid, seeing some of the teams in some of the lower post season tournaments is kinda shocking. I'm not upset if they did, more than likely it would be a money loser for WIU and not much to gain with the majority of the team not coming back next season.

With the transfer portal I think it maybe hard for the lower tournaments to survive. Even the NIT got turned down by a lot of p5 schools 

sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:50 am

With the transfer portal I think it maybe hard for the lower tournaments to survive. Even the NIT got turned down by a lot of p5 schools 

I know NCAA tickets are hard to come by, but it might make more sense to send some of your players to those games as spectators.  Sort of drill in the message "See what you are missing this year?"  My high school would always send the underclassmen teams to Champaign for the weekend to watch the state tournament back in the 70s.  I got to stay in a college dorm for the first time that way.  I have to say it did not spur us on to great success on the hardwood but was still a memorable experience none the less.

Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:50 am

Agree, they need to change the date of the transfer portal or these lower post season tournaments will go away
leatherneckcountry

https://twitter.com/CoachBoudyWIU/statu ... 5444436052 I wonder if they landed someone I seen some of the staff and Myers and what appeared to be a recruit at Bdubs last night.