2023-2024 season

rocki

Western_101 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:29 pm Thank you for posting those pictures ST_Lawson.

Does anybody else think the very dark brown stained perimeter clashes with the very light lane and court? I'm fine with the Rocky mascot logo at Mid-Court. The wordmark LEATHERNECKS looks OK (maybe it's not really a wordmark, just a font that was selected).

It is distinctive.  Is it garish?  I stopped knowing anything about fashion and trends about 20 years ago, so what do I know :) 

I don't know about fashion trends, but I like it.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Western_101 wrote:Thank you for posting those pictures ST_Lawson.

Does anybody else think the very dark brown stained perimeter clashes with the very light lane and court? I'm fine with the Rocky mascot logo at Mid-Court. The wordmark LEATHERNECKS looks OK (maybe it's not really a wordmark, just a font that was selected).

It is distinctive.  Is it garish?  I stopped knowing anything about fashion and trends about 20 years ago, so what do I know :) 

I really like it. I think the dark wood color of the perimeter area is a nice contrast to the lighter rest of the court without relying on a solid paint color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Snazzy is the word that comes to my mind.  Do the side baskets get much use during practices or intramural competition? Is the court ever used for intramurals?  Back in my day, I remember playing on a coed intramural team on the center court which was an all tartan surface back then.  Rules were such that female baskets were worth more than male baskets.  I did a lot of passing, not much shooting.   :lol:

Embrace the pace of the race.
pvk7072

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there a difference any more between the MBB and WBB three-point shot lines? I can't see the two in the pic, or am I missing something? Or did the NCAA move it to the same as the men's in 2022?

sealhall74

pvk7072 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:49 am Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there a difference any more between the MBB and WBB three-point shot lines? I can't see the two in the pic, or am I missing something? Or did the NCAA move it to the same as the men's in 2022?

Hard to keep up with the changes over time but I think they are both at 22 feet, 1 ¾ inches now.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

pvk7072 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:49 am Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there a difference any more between the MBB and WBB three-point shot lines? I can't see the two in the pic, or am I missing something? Or did the NCAA move it to the same as the men's in 2022?

Moved it back starting in the 2021/22 season, so it's a pretty recent change. This will be the 3rd year of the men's and women's line being the same.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:08 am

Moved it back starting in the 2021/22 season, so it's a pretty recent change. This will be the 3rd year of the men's and women's line being the same.

Did they put in a line for high school as well?  I assume the Western Holiday tournament is still a thing.  Or maybe they just use the longer line for it.
That brings to mind an interesting trivia question.  How many and what High School hoopsters played in the tournament and also suited up for the Fighting Leathernecks.  I will throw out a couple names, Jeff Nielson (Camp Point?) and of course, Brad Bainter with Northwestern?

wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:17 amHow many and what High School hoopsters played in the tournament and also suited up for the Fighting Leathernecks.  I will throw out a couple names, Jeff Nielson (Camp Point?) and of course, Brad Bainter with Northwestern?

Cory Fosdyck:  Macomb High School and Western (1997-2002).

sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:36 am
sealhall74 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:17 amHow many and what High School hoopsters played in the tournament and also suited up for the Fighting Leathernecks.  I will throw out a couple names, Jeff Nielson (Camp Point?) and of course, Brad Bainter with Northwestern?

That should be a Chad goal.  Bring in a guy from the all-tournament team every couple years.  Think globally.  Act locally.   ;)

sealhall74

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:50 am
wiu712 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:36 am

That should be a Chad goal.  Bring in a guy from the all-tournament team every couple years.  Think globally.  Act locally.   ;)

There is some decent talent within a stone throw of Macomb.  Danny Stephens  from Southeastern HS in nearby Augusta is now playing for Mizzou.
https://www.holidaybasketball.com/
Who will be the studs in the tournament this year?  Tyler Heffren with a 3-peat?  The kid has NBA range from the video I have seen.

https://www.25newsnow.com/2023/01/06/eu ... lete-week/