New Baseball Coach

4EverPurple&Gold

Anyone know if there is any updated on a new baseball coach?? 
sealhall74

Serious question here:  Would it be too much for a head coach or assistant to handle more than one sport?  My gut says it is doable at the college level.  Guy Ricci did it (head baseball, asst hoops) half a century ago for WIU.  Terry Glasgow coached both hoops and baseball at Monmouth more recently and also served as AD.  I think it depends on the individual.

The coaching situation has become serious enough that Jack Bell is now testing the portal waters.  From what I heard, he was instrumental in many ways this year, almost head groundskeeper.

Embrace the pace of the race.
bignecks

I hope Jack stays. He was good out of the pen, good on the football broadcasts, and was active enough that I'd seen him around multiple times. Including a basketball game where these girls were all over him and kept saying Jeeeeeeck. Seemed like a great guy for the athletics department. 
4EverPurple&Gold

Tough to hear the news on Jack Bell.

Kid is a good broadcaster and loves the Leathernecks.

Hope they hire someone soon 
meganeck

I just can't believe it is taking this long to find a coach. Would be nice to hear something, how far along they are i the process, the finalists, something.
4EverPurple&Gold

meganeck wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:23 pm I just can't believe it is taking this long to find a coach. Would be nice to hear something, how far along they are i the process, the finalists, something.

Well our communication and marketing department isn't the best... so who knows 

Necks2003

It is getting to be more difficult to recruit anyone with the more time that lapses.
leatherneckcountry

this pretty much confirms that he's gone
meganeck

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:01 pm this pretty much confirms that he's gone

I saw this, so did they hire someone? I assume he must have been a finalists and was just informed he wasn't getting the job.
4EverPurple&Gold

This is ridiculous!!! No head coach and its July 7th!!!!