9/16/23 - vs Lindenwood

dogwhisper

Rumor has it that Jared was actually offered a contract extension but had other demands they didn’t not meet so he chose not to sign an extension then he wasn’t renewed
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

dogwhisper wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:08 am Rumor has it that Jared was actually offered a contract extension but had other demands they didn’t not meet so he chose not to sign an extension then he wasn’t renewed

An extension? After winning 4 games in 3 years? WTF‽

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

dogwhisper wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:08 am Rumor has it that Jared was actually offered a contract extension but had other demands they didn’t not meet so he chose not to sign an extension then he wasn’t renewed

I find that hard to believe. Not saying it's not true, just can't imagine what kind of meatheads would have even considered that.
wiu712

Lindenwood has 13 Sports teams for Men and 15 Sports teams for Women.
Western_101

wiu712 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:19 pm Lindenwood has 13 Sports teams for Men and 15 Sports teams for Women.

Morton has a closed Dairy Queen and concerts in the park.  I was concerned about a spot on my neck, Dr. said it was nothing. 

Sometimes I eat french fries.  A lady was searching for a lost dog last night.  

How am I doing?  I'm new to random Rain Man speak.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Western_101 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:47 am
wiu712 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:19 pm Lindenwood has 13 Sports teams for Men and 15 Sports teams for Women.

Morton has a closed Dairy Queen and concerts in the park.  I was concerned about a spot on my neck, Dr. said it was nothing. 

The point is, that's a LOT more than most schools have; almost double what we currently have (until our women's bowling, beach volleyball, and STUNT teams get up and running). They sponsor a number of sports that you don't see many schools sponsoring; men's and women's ice hockey...which is mostly limited to more northern schools, men's and women's lacrosse...which you don't see much outside the coasts, men's and women's wrestling, women's gymnastics, women's field hockey, etc. It's odd to see a newly DI school have so many sports.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:30 am
Western_101 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:47 am

The point is, that's a LOT more than most schools have; almost double what we currently have (until our women's bowling, beach volleyball, and STUNT teams get up and running). They sponsor a number of sports that you don't see many schools sponsoring; men's and women's ice hockey...which is mostly limited to more northern schools, men's and women's lacrosse...which you don't see much outside the coasts, men's and women's wrestling, women's gymnastics, women's field hockey, etc. It's odd to see a newly DI school have so many sports.

Not only that, they also promote their "Student Life" (i.e. club) sports on their main athletic site.  You dont see that very often.  Good for them.
Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

Just curious - Western was (I believe) D2 when I went there, and there seemed to be a lot more sports available at that time. Granted, the campus population was likely triple what it is now, but still. I was just wondering if Lindenwood will eventually drop in the number of sports offered since they moved up from D2.
GV Dad

rocki wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:48 pm

Just curious - Western was (I believe) D2 when I went there, and there seemed to be a lot more sports available at that time. Granted, the campus population was likely triple what it is now, but still. I was just wondering if Lindenwood will eventually drop in the number of sports offered since they moved up from D2.

Lindenwood has a ton of $$, and a lot of community support.  They are actually a sleeping giant, just going to take them a few seasons to get there.  
rocki

GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:08 am
rocki wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:48 pm

Lindenwood has a ton of $$, and a lot of community support.  They are actually a sleeping giant, just going to take them a few seasons to get there.  

Thanks for the feedback!