Hashtag, Embarrassing

Leathernecks1092

Can we be done with the hashtags? Tradition of Tough? Tradition of what?? I ate a high quality steak three weeks ago that was ten times tougher than this program! Pound The Rock? Pound the what? I've heard this for two years now. We couldn't pound our fist! Most people that refer to pounding the rock, put a strong emphasis on running the ball. Us? Well..... our running game leaves little to be desired. Did anyone think there might be a reason that no other D1 school was interested in Seth Glatz? I wish the kid the best, but I think other schools might have known what they were doing. There's not much more embarrassing than the opposing television announcers making fun of your coach's time management when they are up two touchdowns, getting ready to put the game away. Mind you, this was a game that we were in control of and lost by 20 points!!! Tradition of Tough? This bald, fat guy is already getting tired of sharing my Sunday musings, but I feel like this team might provide me good reason to hop back on, two weeks from tonight. When does basketball start?
bignecks

what's up with the Glatz bashing? He's our best back. Always gets extra yards. 
sealhall74

Lot of things need addressed during these 2 off weeks of work.  I will throw out a couple easy ones to work on.

In shotgun formation, the QB is getting too many snaps from center below the waist.

Our TEs need more touches (so far only 2 for 10 yards)

As for the running game, I would not know where to start.  This problem goes all the way back to the Elliot days.  I dont think technique is going to matter at this point.  Maybe more variety in formations, shifts, even a total scheme change now and then to the full-blown wishbone would be on table in my armchair QB recliner.   If you can't overpower your opponent, shock the hell out of them.

Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

Maybe we need to open up spaces for the running backs to get through? And yes, snaps have been wonky as well. Blitzes on the the QB seem to be a huge factor for our opponents. And tackling. That's the biggest problem I see. We don't tackle like we should, and it gives up a lot of extra yardage.
jtrinaldi

It’s crazy that Hendrickson doesn’t have a win in year two when coaches at schools in similar positions as Western (Wilkerson at Eastern and Eck at Idaho) are crushing it in year two. Makes you wonder what’s actually going on
sealhall74

rocki wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:14 pm Maybe we need to open up spaces for the running backs to get through? And yes, snaps have been wonky as well. Blitzes on the the QB seem to be a huge factor for  opponents. And tackling. That's the biggest problem I see. We don't tackle like we should, and it gives up a lot of extra yardage.

Yep, a few checkdown passes to the TE would make them think twice about blitzing.  They should be high percentage passes.  But when the QB has to reach down to grab the snap, the timing of everything is fouled up plus he has to refocus his eyes.

Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

jtrinaldi wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:18 pm It’s crazy that Hendrickson doesn’t have a win in year two when coaches at schools in similar positions as Western (Wilkerson at Eastern and Eck at Idaho) are crushing it in year two. Makes you wonder what’s actually going on

Eastern I'll give you since they are also an Illinois school, but I don't know if Idaho is suffering the same monetary woes that IL is.
dogwhisper

Leathernecks1092 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:19 pm Can we be done with the hashtags? Tradition of Tough? Tradition of what?? I ate a high quality steak three weeks ago that was ten times tougher than this program! Pound The Rock? Pound the what? I've heard this for two years now. We couldn't pound our fist! Most people that refer to pounding the rock, put a strong emphasis on running the ball. Us? Well..... our running game leaves little to be desired. Did anyone think there might be a reason that no other D1 school was interested in Seth Glatz? I wish the kid the best, but I think other schools might have known what they were doing. There's not much more embarrassing than the opposing television announcers making fun of your coach's time management when they are up two touchdowns, getting ready to put the game away. Mind you, this was a game that we were in control of and lost by 20 points!!! Tradition of Tough? This bald, fat guy is already getting tired of sharing my Sunday musings, but I feel like this team might provide me good reason to hop back on, two weeks from tonight. When does basketball start?

#ChangeIsComing

4EverPurple&Gold

dogwhisper wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:25 pm
Leathernecks1092 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:19 pm Can we be done with the hashtags? Tradition of Tough? Tradition of what?? I ate a high quality steak three weeks ago that was ten times tougher than this program! Pound The Rock? Pound the what? I've heard this for two years now. We couldn't pound our fist! Most people that refer to pounding the rock, put a strong emphasis on running the ball. Us? Well..... our running game leaves little to be desired. Did anyone think there might be a reason that no other D1 school was interested in Seth Glatz? I wish the kid the best, but I think other schools might have known what they were doing. There's not much more embarrassing than the opposing television announcers making fun of your coach's time management when they are up two touchdowns, getting ready to put the game away. Mind you, this was a game that we were in control of and lost by 20 points!!! Tradition of Tough? This bald, fat guy is already getting tired of sharing my Sunday musings, but I feel like this team might provide me good reason to hop back on, two weeks from tonight. When does basketball start?

#ChangeIsComing

I hope change is coming... we have no branding anymore. We don't ever market the team.

TraditionOfShowingUp

bignecks

I like the tradition of tough and pound the rock sayings.