10/14/23 - vs Missouri State (Homecoming)

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

dogwhisper wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:48 pm2809 that has to be record, wow we are bad

For Homecoming, at least back to 1998, yes it is.
3,149 was the previous "worst attendance" for Homecoming in 2017 (also against Missouri State).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
4EverPurple&Gold

Well... this team has given up... embarrassing. No better way to put it. The coaches look lost and overwhelmed. 

Also we need to talk about our PR/Marketing team. 

No final score post: 

Also the story on the website headline: "Western Illinois Faces Missouri State for Homecoming"
https://goleathernecks.com/news/2023/10 ... oming.aspx

wiu712

The game story is up at the Athletics website.   

They just have not updated the "headline".  It still says "Western Illinois faces Missouri State for Homecoming". 
sealhall74

I am more saddened by the demise of the Western Courier and the McDonough Voice when it comes to delivering the news (whether good or bad).
Getting everything from the Athletic web site is like sweeping dust under the rug.

Embrace the pace of the race.
4EverPurple&Gold

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:34 pm I am more saddened by the demise of the Western Courier and the McDonough Voice when it comes to delivering the news (whether good or bad).
Getting everything from the Athletic web site is like sweeping dust under the rug.

Agreed... last sports arcticle from the courier was in March.... https://theproxyreport.com/category/wc/wc-sports/

Western_101

I think everyone on this board agrees that M Hendrickson was a botched hire. 

Off the heels of an inexperienced Coach Elliott. 

I don't care what the finances are, sell a kidney. This debacle, utter shame and humiliation has to come to a closure. The amount of damage done is severe. Please, stop the suffering Mr. Paul Bubb. 

Blame game doesn't matter. Of course Suprenaut didn't have any business being the AD of a D-I program. You don't think that significant aspect played a roll in why the now Infamous Jack Thomas hired her?  hahahahah.   I hope this isn't the end of the football program. However, two back to back  young, green, head coaches were certainly not going to provide Bob Neilson type leadership.

I believe Bubb will do everything in his power to right the ship. 

The season was over after Lindenwood.