Myers Hendrickson 2024

Shall Western Illinois University retain Myers Hendrickson for 2024 season?

Retain Coach Hendrickson
29%
Do not retain Coach Hendrickson
71%

Total votes: 17
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Ok, just found out he's actually making $185k. So, we're paying for a lower-end MVFC head coach...but so far we've been getting a mediocre D2 coach.

There must just be something odd about the salary reporting to that site mentioned earlier then.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:54 pm Ok, just found out he's actually making $185k. So, we're paying for a lower-end MVFC head coach...but so far we've been getting a mediocre D2 coach.

There must just be something odd about the salary reporting to that site mentioned earlier then.

Didn't someone say that was for 1/2 year? The 97k, I mean.
dogwhisper

State fiscal year July to June, data is from fiscal year 2022 went from July 2021 to June 2022, hired in Decemberish of 2021.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:54 pm Ok, just found out he's actually making $185k. So, we're paying for a lower-end MVFC head coach...but so far we've been getting a mediocre D2 coach.

Didn't someone say that was for 1/2 year? The 97k, I mean.
Yes, that was mentioned, but then someone else said that the number was accurate, so there was some confusion there.

So it sounds like the salary is about right, but obviously the on-field performance is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:34 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:25 pm Saw a post on facebook that said he had a 5-year contract (I had initially assumed 3-year since that seems to be the "standard" for a contract for a new HC).
Maybe that was the trade-off...he signs for just under $100k, but it's for 5 years rather than the usual 3?

Do with that information what you will.

Maybe Danielle was smarter than we thought.  Knew this rebuild could not be done in 3 years.

Smarter or sticking it to as and laughing away after she left.

We are not rebuilding. We are not developing players. We are going nowhere fast and damaging the potential future. There seems to be little to no motivation to do anything other than get the season over. I've gotta believe some players and coaches alike would rather just throw in the towel now and be done with it.

vatusay

Five years? Oof. Is that confirmed? 

im sure it was Hendrickson pushing for that, not the wise ol’ unqualified AD supernant.

Over half a mil buy out. Let’s hope program turned around because I don’t see them coming up with that cash. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
pvk7072

I would be almost 100% certain that any change is not going to happen until after the season, though voicing displeasure on forums like this may be the only way to get a message across. It would help ... as it has at other places ... if behind the scenes there was someone/anyone with the $ to say "ok, you do this and I'll pay for ... ."

When pushing for a buyout, remember the money WIU has to spend for its exit from two conferences, whatever those amounts are.

In the remaining games, I would like to see some of the "bench" players get some PT. Who knows who might be just sitting there unless they get into an actual game. Might also keep some in the fold at season's end, if/when a probable rush to the doors takes place.

WIU2DC

sealhall74

WIU2DC wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:44 am https://prairiestatepigskin.com/2023/10 ... of-season/

It would take some real cojones, but come out on Saturday with these kids and more of his recruits in the starting lineup.  
There is no downside at this point.

Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

sealhall74 wrote:
WIU2DC wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:44 am https://prairiestatepigskin.com/2023/10 ... of-season/

It would take some real cohones, but come out on Saturday with these kids and more of his recruits in the starting lineup.  
There is no downside at this point.
I agree. I’d also assume most of the upperclassmen are likely gonna try to transfer after this season to find a winning team. Get the underclassmen playing time to show them it’s their team going forward. See what we have with them.