Myers Hendrickson 2024

Shall Western Illinois University retain Myers Hendrickson for 2024 season?

Retain Coach Hendrickson
29%
Do not retain Coach Hendrickson
71%

Total votes: 17
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

vatusay wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:00 pm Five years? Oof. Is that confirmed? 

im sure it was Hendrickson pushing for that, not the wise ol’ unqualified AD supernant.

Over half a mil buy out. Let’s hope program turned around because I don’t see them coming up with that cash. 

I haven't seen the contract myself, but I've seen two people say 5 years. There's no way we're buying that out in the next year or so.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
bignecks

WIU2DC wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:44 am https://prairiestatepigskin.com/2023/10 ... of-season/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this was so funny with the context of what was posted before it. people complaining about not playing younger players as if we haven't already started making that adjustment
DogBooster

This staff is way in over their heads.  They bring no big school experience to the program and most losses are due to bad coaching.
I say cut Myers loose take your losses and move on. 
 I mean come on going for it on 4 down on opening drives.  
You have to pin team's deep and make them work for yardage we constantly give them short fields.   
I can't see it getting any better until they bring an experienced look to the program. 
When hiring you take a guy from bigger programs with large school experience and give them the control. 
This was a disaster from the beginning.  All Small school experience and attitude. 
They have good talent on this team but the coaching staff does not know how to use it.  

rocki

I suppose there's no way the coach would do the decent thing and bow out since he is, shall we say, less than successful?
axe_co17

Look closer. The team lacks in several areas. Development, strength, speed, discipline, and even talent. There are good coaches on staff. There are bad coaches on staff. Same goes for the roster. There are things that must be addressed this offseason including the players, the strength program, and the coaching staff. Facilities and resources could use an upgrade as well. Oh, and if anyone is that concerned they should help the program rather than voice all their complaints. I'm not even connected to the program and have willingly reached out to help.
Western_101

axe_co17 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:48 pm Look closer. The team lacks in several areas. Development, strength, speed, discipline, and even talent. There are good coaches on staff. There are bad coaches on staff. Same goes for the roster. There are things that must be addressed this offseason including the players, the strength program, and the coaching staff. Facilities and resources could use an upgrade as well. Oh, and if anyone is that concerned they should help the program rather than voice all their complaints. I'm not even connected to the program and have willingly reached out to help.

The team has not won a game in 900 days. 

This is a message board.

People tend to voice statements that reflect the realities happening. 

I wonder if it would be possible for Paul Bubb to issue you a medal of honor.  

It hadn't occurred to be that a completely unqualified person (me) with no money that lives two hours from Macomb needs to fix our program. If only I had known sooner.   
axe_co17

I offered no money. And certainly what I offered wouldn’t merit any medal from the athletic director. I’m just able to think outside the box. You’d be surprised what you might be able to provide. I only suggested you offered more than complaints. Helping a program that is at one of its lowest points in history seemed worthwhile. The few people I know that are deeply connected or invested in the program are asking for all kinds of help. They point to the conditions of Hanson Stadium, a football budget that doesn’t support team apparel/gear or operating equipment, a community that has more closed restaurants than those operating, and a dilapidated Western Hall. I do think a competent coaching staff with resources can succeed, and that we agree on.
Western_101

axe_co17 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:29 pm I offered no money. And certainly what I offered wouldn’t merit any medal from the athletic director. I’m just able to think outside the box. You’d be surprised what you might be able to provide. I only suggested you offered more than complaints. Helping a program that is at one of its lowest points in history seemed worthwhile. The few people I know that are deeply connected or invested in the program are asking for all kinds of help. They point to the conditions of Hanson Stadium, a football budget that doesn’t support team apparel/gear or operating equipment, a community that has more closed restaurants than those operating, and a dilapidated Western Hall. I do think a competent coaching staff with resources can succeed, and that we agre

Solid post.

Forgive me I am a long recovering 'Neck fan from the old board and the days of glory when I could go to other towns and wear Leatherneck garb and be respected. Those days are gone. I appreciate anything you do to help the program.  something we both love!

Western_101

Yes 1000 times over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hanson field should have been upgraded by 80's director....Pete GIl. Smilley, sure as hell wasn't going to do it. VanAlsinte was fine if he could just not do the things that he did. Beyond that Tommy Bell wasn't here long enough.  By the time the infamous "Jackie Thomas" and taged his supremely unqualified friend Ms. Sepreanaut. She proceeded to do exactly what a Malicious Former Boss would have her do. Destroy WIU football, not because she wanted to, rather, she didn't know how to not destroy it. Safe choice, Sentimental choice. Yes this is what winning programs do :cry:
My heart hurts.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Hendrickson is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000