Myers Hendrickson 2024

Shall Western Illinois University retain Myers Hendrickson for 2024 season?

Retain Coach Hendrickson
29%
Do not retain Coach Hendrickson
71%

Total votes: 17
Western_101

I don't know what the traffic is here these days. However I was curious as to what peoples sentiment was towards the current coaching regime.
sealhall74

Deserves a 3rd year cause his first was a wash coming late into an already dumpster fire.

Embrace the pace of the race.
HoosierNeck13

We have shown little to no improvement this year. Should have beaten ISU and Lindenwood-if we had won those games,  I would have pushed for him to stay.
4EverPurple&Gold

The lack of coaching is clearly seen and you can tell he has lost the team.

A new conference next season means a new start all around.

He wasn't qualified to begin with and was a bad hire. 

Like father like son...  
dogwhisper

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:13 pm Deserves a 3rd year cause his first was a wash coming late into an already dumpster fire.

No such thing as a wash anymore with the transfer portal, looks like he brought in 50+ plus guys and close to that many left after last season.

Western_101

The botched last possession last year v. Youngstown is the worst situational awarness I have ever seen. The meltdown to a D2 transitioning Lindenwood also cemented my opinion that Coach Myers Hendrickson needed more time learning the game before trying to teach/ coach. If I were Myers I would be hoping to get his rather cheap last year bought out. Move far away, and just restart at an appropriate level. He can look back later and chuckle about his boundless enthusiasm.

It's just a game. That being said, in my opinion the clock has run out on him in Macomb.
rocki

Retain or don't retain - I'm past the point of caring anymore. MY big question is with the program struggling the way it is, where do you come up with buyout money should you decide not to retain him? Start a "gofundme"?
sealhall74

rocki wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:23 am Retain or don't retain - I'm past the point of caring anymore. MY big question is with the program struggling the way it is, where do you come up with buyout money should you decide not to retain him? Start a "gofundme"?

Add to that have we paid our $Million+ exit fee from the Summit League yet?  Is the OVC helping us out on that?  All good questions.
Embrace the pace of the race.
dogwhisper

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:08 pm
rocki wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:23 am Retain or don't retain - I'm past the point of caring anymore. MY big question is with the program struggling the way it is, where do you come up with buyout money should you decide not to retain him? Start a "gofundme"?

Add to that have we paid our $Million+ exit fee from the Summit League yet?  Is the OVC helping us out on that?  All good questions.

I would assume this is why we have an athletic director and lawyers on retainer, if they can’t figure this one out then we are inept in administration as well.

rocki

dogwhisper wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:28 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:08 pm

I would assume this is why we have an athletic director and lawyers on retainer, if they can’t figure this one out then we are inept in administration as well.

With the costs our "blunders" have added up to in the past, inept administration is clearly possible.