Post Week 9 Edition of The Great Exercise in Futility

Leathernecks1092

I see a lot of posters that are concerned about not playing the youngsters. I get it. I have no idea why we keep running the same retreads out there every week either. These posters seemed to be overly perturbed about these same players leaving. I again get it. But, without being "melodramatic" as one individual referred to me as, I have one question. Why would anyone that has any self-pride want to return to this dumpster fire? Sitting at breakfast this morning and I asked my ten year old son if he knew what started tomorrow. He was unsure. I said "college basketball". My still innocent son said " Dad, I bet you are ready after this football season aren't you?" I smiled but also thought to myself, that's extremely sad. I know the young fella at the helm is overwhelmed, in over his head, and however else you want to describe it but this comes down to someone with some power having a small sense of pride and saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Sooner than later, I would like to return to a day where I could sit down in my recliner and at least take a sip of my drink of choice before thinking, well, this one is over. I'm still a bald, fat, ugly, simple guy that doesn't know much about anything, but I don't feel like I am asking for that much.  Until next week's 30+ point loss to the lowly Trees, goodnight!!
rocki

Not saying I disagree, but how do you propose coming up with the 500k (mentioned in another post) to buy him out, PLUS $$$$$ to hire someone else? :ugeek:

dogwhisper

rocki wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:04 am Not saying I disagree, but how do you propose coming up with the 500k (mentioned in another post) to buy him out, PLUS $$$$$ to hire someone else? :ugeek:

Maybe they should start by asking him to resign and then reach a settlement, isn’t this why the athletic director gets paid, for these type of situations?
rocki

dogwhisper wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:49 pm
rocki wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:04 am Not saying I disagree, but how do you propose coming up with the 500k (mentioned in another post) to buy him out, PLUS $$$$$ to hire someone else? :ugeek:

Maybe they should start by asking him to resign and then reach a settlement, isn’t this why the athletic director gets paid, for these type of situations?

Yes, but it's still talking a lot of money that the university just does not have. Unless someone does a "Help WIU Get Back To Football Excellence" gofundme.

Rockydog

rocki wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:11 pm
dogwhisper wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:49 pm

Yes, but it's still talking a lot of money that the university just does not have. Unless someone does a "Help WIU Get Back To Football Excellence" gofundme.

Oh my gosh - someone please do this 🫣
bignecks

Scott, I'm sorry for insulting somebody on the board, but I think it's called for. OP, you're a blowhard. You said the same stuff about young players last week and we played one of the youngest groups in CFB. There has to be a lot of frustration from not getting the person you want on the field right now, but your general point just isn't right. And I don't think these weekly vents are the right way to make it. 
Leathernecks1092

Bignecks, who is OP?
pvk7072

Pardon the interruption, but "OP" means the original poster who also named the thread. And having read one or two other OPs, I agree with bignecks.
Leathernecks1092

PVK, I'm just curious.....What is it that you disagree with? 
Western_101

bignecks wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:22 pm Scott, I'm sorry for insulting somebody on the board, but I think it's called for. OP, you're a blowhard. You said the same stuff about young players last week and we played one of the youngest groups in CFB. There has to be a lot of frustration from not getting the person you want on the field right now, but your general point just isn't right. And I don't think these weekly vents are the right way to make it. 

Hey Newbi, in case it has missed your attention the status of the football program is "Crisis" full stop.