11/18/23 - vs South Dakota

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote:
dogwhisper wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:13 pm Im asking!  I don’t see how you can keep a head coach that hasn’t won a game in two full seasons no matter what his contract says, am I wrong to think that?

Nope. I just thought you were inferring that he had been canned, and if so, just wanted it laid out. I have no idea what is going on.
I highly doubt we’d hear anything before Monday, if they’re even financially able to make a change at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
axe_co17

Watched some of the game. Seeing the difference between Coach Nielson on the sidelines and Hendrickson shows how far the program has fallen. One clearly commands the sideline and has an identity. The other seems lost, out of touch, unsure, and clueless. I’m interested because some have mentioned negotiating a buyout. How does that work? What’s in it for Myers Hendrickson to step down? Wouldn’t this be proposing a plan to quit and take less money overall?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

axe_co17 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:17 pm Watched some of the game. Seeing the difference between Coach Nielson on the sidelines and Hendrickson shows how far the program has fallen. One clearly commands the sideline and has an identity. The other seems lost, out of touch, unsure, and clueless. I’m interested because some have mentioned negotiating a buyout. How does that work? What’s in it for Myers Hendrickson to step down? Wouldn’t this be proposing a plan to quit and take less money overall?

Usually the way a "buyout" works in most places is that the school continues to pay the coach until the end of their contract, but inform the coach that their services are no longer needed. It's possible some do it all in a "lump sum" (the remainder of the contract money), but for the most part, the coach gets what the contract says they are supposed to get.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Rockydog

dogwhisper wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:34 pm
wiu712 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:55 pm #5 South Dakota won the game 48-6

Matt Morrissey was 14 of 25 for 120 yards.  1 Touchdown.  0 Interceptions.  He was sacked 4 times.

Western had 46 Rushing yards and 125 Passing yards.

Attendance at Hanson Field = 1,935

Did they fire him before talking to the team?

Yes, they sure did!