Head Coaching Search

axe_co17

NAIA and D2 are different. The scholarships work different, as well as several other things. Hendrickson oversaw 2 full time coaches and two graduate assistants. All operations, video, and lifting were done by assistants. Of course he didn’t understand how that worked. That’s on the AD and the search committee.
axe_co17

At a large D2 the operation works similar to an FCS school. Larger staff, more budget, a separate strength coach. Scholarship structure that’s more similar. NCAA recruiting and other rules that differ from NAIA. 
leatherneckcountry

axe_co17 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:20 am At a large D2 the operation works similar to an FCS school. Larger staff, more budget, a separate strength coach. Scholarship structure that’s more similar. NCAA recruiting and other rules that differ from NAIA. 

There’s really not a big difference from the upper level of D2 from a school like us
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote:
axe_co17 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:20 am At a large D2 the operation works similar to an FCS school. Larger staff, more budget, a separate strength coach. Scholarship structure that’s more similar. NCAA recruiting and other rules that differ from NAIA. 

There’s really not a big difference from the upper level of D2 from a school like us
There kinda is though. A top-level D2 is likely to beat us on the football field and have better facilities.

Really though, I want someone who has experience as either a HC at the D2 level or higher, or who has coordinator experience at the FCS level or higher. Ideally successfully at wherever they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
jtrinaldi

Anybody know where Bibb is using the $800,000 we gained from the Rob jeter buyout? Assuming it’s for thr Myers buyout and a new coach?

Twitter sources saying EIU OC Joe Davis is expected to be named. 

WIU2DC

Guest wrote:Twitter sources saying EIU OC Joe Davis is expected to be named. 

Yeah, I just got a push notification from ESPN saying that as well.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Guest wrote:Twitter sources saying EIU OC Joe Davis is expected to be named. 

I just got a notification from the ESPN app saying the same thing.

https://eiupanthers.com/sports/football ... davis/1342

OC at EIU, before that has been OC at Albany, Fordham, and UNI. Looks like he’s been in charge of some pretty good offenses around the FCS.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
jtrinaldi

Exciting hire. Time for a rebuild with an actual plan. 
leatherneckcountry

How reliable is this reporter