Western Day of Giving 2023

GV Dad

The Day of Giving fundraising campaign is tomorrow.  If this is the first time you're hearing about it you're not alone.  It really doesn't seem like this was promoted very well.  These events should really be a priority considering the financial situation of the school.  
rocki

GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:23 am The Day of Giving fundraising campaign is tomorrow.  If this is the first time you're hearing about it you're not alone.  It really doesn't seem like this was promoted very well.  These events should really be a priority considering the financial situation of the school.  

If this is a stupid question, I apologize in advance. Does the "Day Of Giving" include the items that used to be on the "givecampus" site? If so, what are they and where can you find them? I've looked before to see if they have anything for athletics/facilities and couldn't find anything.
GV Dad

rocki wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:14 am
GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:23 am The Day of Giving fundraising campaign is tomorrow.  If this is the first time you're hearing about it you're not alone.  It really doesn't seem like this was promoted very well.  These events should really be a priority considering the financial situation of the school.  

If this is a stupid question, I apologize in advance. Does the "Day Of Giving" include the items that used to be on the "givecampus" site? If so, what are they and where can you find them? I've looked before to see if they have anything for athletics/facilities and couldn't find anything.

The link wasn't very informative.  Hopefully it's better tomorrow when the campaign officially kicks off.  
rocki

=AT3XOquEDupSuvvu6EOX23C1HL7Bz495uSC7uDqlggI6aE0d-QggRTSPbsTJUsddZOg4luPL7TW5tEcWZ4La4qLKRnirkslVwa49WTuAOQ3AZ0XxmXsGK9OwGdUS-BJZ5q9SwOUsi_g6VJVTuXFg_ixiVTq4OFUGERzfrIVTggcKYAXt4Jlim-v4An0mW2e2gh4Hzv2RYFqelQeU7Ug]https://bit.ly/WIUGivingTuesday     I did find this, that gives a better idea (if you click on the "donate early" tab). I like the "Athletics" tab, but would also like to see one for Hanson Field upgrades, or a practice facility, or something beyond general athletics. Anyone else feel the same?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

There is now a panel on the WIU homepage referencing GivingTuesday: https://wiu.edu/
It links to here: https://www.givecampus.com/schools/West ... ?a=1043160
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

I was going to post about this, I hope everyone that complains will give if you have the means to. I have seen some tweets about this about a week ago, not sure where else they are advertising this or where a good place would be, but I have seen it on Twitter.

I to would like more specific areas to donate to. I know they have match going on for athletics up to $10,000.
rocki

OK, I donated - have all y'all? Many thanks for those that are able to do so!!!!!!!
meganeck

I donated... I see they did meet the match for athletics that someone did, so I was glad to see that.
meganeck

Congrats and thank you to everyone that donated, I see they well surpassed their goal