Transfers

QLotVeteran

The problem with having transfers is now you have to replace before you can build.  There is talent on this roster, and some of the kids that are in the portal are a loss.  Not all, but a few.  Spring numbers are going to be low, again, unless Coach Davis really pushes to get Jan transfers and JUCOs.  I think we have 1 QB on the roster, and I'm told the freshman from Card Ritter is enrolling early.  We really need at least 4 QBs for it not to be an issue in spring ball.  Going to be an interesting 3-5 weeks for sure.  
rocki

Is it improper to ask for names you've seen (as entering the portal)? I don't use X or Twitter or whatever it is now.
leatherneckcountry

rocki wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:07 am Is it improper to ask for names you've seen (as entering the portal)? I don't use X or Twitter or whatever it is now.

Most of the ones I’ve seen have been offensive players Sanders Morrisey the lineman name I can’t spell are the main ones 
rocki

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:15 am
rocki wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:07 am Is it improper to ask for names you've seen (as entering the portal)? I don't use X or Twitter or whatever it is now.

Most of the ones I’ve seen have been offensive players Sanders Morrisey the lineman name I can’t spell are the main ones 

With me it's hard to remember who would have possibly been back - it used to be easy counting the years they had played, but when they threw the covid year in there, I got lost. I thought we already had several who had played out their eligibility.
meganeck

meganeck wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:30 pm I see Morrisey posted he got an offer from Illinois St.

I know their is a chance he could still come back, but I would be shocked if he came back.

I see Seth Glatz also picked up an Illinois St offer.

meganeck

QLotVeteran wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:20 am The problem with having transfers is now you have to replace before you can build.  There is talent on this roster, and some of the kids that are in the portal are a loss.  Not all, but a few.  Spring numbers are going to be low, again, unless Coach Davis really pushes to get Jan transfers and JUCOs.  I think we have 1 QB on the roster, and I'm told the freshman from Card Ritter is enrolling early.  We really need at least 4 QBs for it not to be an issue in spring ball.  Going to be an interesting 3-5 weeks for sure.  

I have not seen anything about Clay Bruno or Nathan Lamb leaving, is one of them leaving also. Day and Morrisey have already announced their intention to enter the portal.
meganeck

I've only seen maybe a half dozen on Twitter saying they are in the portal, could be more that I missed. also one of our WRs, Jaylin Jackson, is leaving to try to make it at the next level(Pros).
vatusay

Guest wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:45 am
Rockydog wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:30 pm Interesting that the majority of WIU players that have entered the portal have offers from other D1 schools.  If these players were as bad as bad as most of you thought why would any other (D1) school want them?

Agreed! We had talent at every position. There are some 1st and 2nd year players who were not given a regular chance despite most people around them feeling like they were the better players (including OL). Somebody within the program (not a player) believed it happened because the position coach wanted to develop them another year out of sight from other programs (no game film) so they couldn't comfortably transfer. It ended up biting the coaches in the ass because they didn't have that long of leash. 

Wow. If true that is one of the worst strategies I could imagine. Just kicking the can down the road. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
QLotVeteran

meganeck wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:59 am
QLotVeteran wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:20 am The problem with having transfers is now you have to replace before you can build.  There is talent on this roster, and some of the kids that are in the portal are a loss.  Not all, but a few.  Spring numbers are going to be low, again, unless Coach Davis really pushes to get Jan transfers and JUCOs.  I think we have 1 QB on the roster, and I'm told the freshman from Card Ritter is enrolling early.  We really need at least 4 QBs for it not to be an issue in spring ball.  Going to be an interesting 3-5 weeks for sure.  

I have not seen anything about Clay Bruno or Nathan Lamb leaving, is one of them leaving also. Day and Morrisey have already announced their intention to enter the portal.

Clay went through senior day.  He's not planning to return.  Great kid, great family.  

meganeck

QLotVeteran wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:06 pm
meganeck wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:59 am

Clay went through senior day.  He's not planning to return.  Great kid, great family.  

ok, thank you i did not realize that.