Chicago St WBB

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
meganeck

I see Chicago St women lost last night they are now 0-17. Does anyone know why they have played 17 games already this season, most teams haven't even played 10 games yet. I'm assuming they can only play a certain amount of games, so the back half of the year they must not be playing many games.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote:I see Chicago St women lost last night they are now 0-17. Does anyone know why they have played 17 games already this season, most teams haven't even played 10 games yet. I'm assuming they can only play a certain amount of games, so the back half of the year they must not be playing many games.
My guess is that because they are independent this season, they have to front-load their schedule. Most teams have conference games scheduled after new year, so it's probably much harder to schedule 1-off games in January and February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Chicago State Women's Basketball only has 7 games scheduled after Christmas.  But 6 of those games will be home games for them.
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:45 pm
meganeck wrote:I see Chicago St women lost last night they are now 0-17. Does anyone know why they have played 17 games already this season, most teams haven't even played 10 games yet. I'm assuming they can only play a certain amount of games, so the back half of the year they must not be playing many games.
My guess is that because they are independent this season, they have to front-load their schedule. Most teams have conference games scheduled after new year, so it's probably much harder to schedule 1-off games in January and February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh that makes sense

meganeck

wiu712 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:46 pm Chicago State Women's Basketball only has 7 games scheduled after Christmas.  But 6 of those games will be home games for them.

Oh wow, ok thank you
meganeck

Chicago St has dismissed their head coach.

I wonder how many they have gone thru in the last 10-20 years
leatherneckcountry

meganeck wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:30 pm Chicago St has dismissed their head coach.

I wonder how many they have gone thru in the last 10-20 years

Angela Jackson was there for about 15 years but since she left about every 2 yrs there looking for someone