vs UT Martin (2/10/24)

may know

I’d say close to 1k attendance. Crowd has gotten into it. 
sealhall74

Has the feel of a game going down to last possession. need less dribbling more passing on our part. 
Embrace the pace of the race.
NecksFan1523

Not a bad 1st half, especially Cisse being on the bench in foul trouble for 14+ minutes. If he can come back and be his regular self, and Myers can at least make a few buckets (2nd game in a row he's been ice cold even with good looks) I think we'll be ok.
meganeck

Kinda disappointed in the crowd, from what the they are showing on TV seems like a lot of empty seats. Wish they would have let people sit in the middle to make it seem like more people are there. One thing I don't like is if you buy a GA ticket, your seat is on one of the ends. Which obviously they want you you to spend more money for the better seats, but why have all those middle seats sit empty.

Anyway smaller crowd than I hoped and once again doesn't seem like they are very vocal.

Also seems the student section isn't very big and I don't think they have showed them on TV, the last game when WIU was on ESPNU they were showing their student section a lot. So I assume our student section is small and not into the game.

may know

The student section is mostly full and they’re doing a good job. There’s 40-50 in white T’s (plus another 20-25 not in white) in the middle, and the ends are a mix of students/non-students. 

leatherneckcountry

Some reason this team seems to play much better on the road 
meganeck

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:09 pm Some reason this team seems to play much better on the road 

Coach just admitted they don't play well at home, said they get tight at home. Seems very frustrated at how they are playing at home.

I'm not sure how much time was left but they were up by 4 and had 2 good looks at 3s and missed both, then Martin went down and got a 3 point play to trail by one. seemed to be a big turning point. 
WIU0812

Last three losses could of been fixed with around 70% free throw average. Which from what I can find is still just below the avg for all D1 teams. 
Bball Fan

Disappointed in attendance.  I will commend the students who did show up doing awesome as well as the band. Poor free throws shooting cost us both home games lost at home this week. 
sealhall74

On the plus side, we are very good at compensating for our FT woes by scrapping on the boards to earn extra looks at the bucket.
Many downsides to it aside from the missing points on the board.  The biggest is the coach is forced to play "musical chairs" with lineup near the end of the game.

Speaking about end of game, we had two TOs to use with the balll, down by 1 I think as the game wound down.  We looked out of sorts, maybe we knew who was going to take the final shot, maybe not.  I think we should have called a TO to figure it out.  I think we ended up forcing an airball if memory serves me.

Embrace the pace of the race.