vs Little Rock

wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:43 amWe had a chance to go up by 10 with about 10 minutes left but missed a 3 pt shot.  Then they get on a run to get back in it.  During that run is when crowd could have been a factor, not sure how engaged they were at the time.

The Little Rock bench was chanting "Defense" throughout the game.  The Western bench was rather subdued and quiet for most of the game -- including Braden Lamar who is usually the sparkplug of enthusiasm for the team.

The athletes who obtained a 3.00 GPA or higher were honored at halftime.  So there were a lot of sports teams in attendance.  

The "buzz" was just not present last night.

At times, the Band and Cheerleaders are chanting different things. 

Western had a 58-50 lead.  But Little Rock went on a 13-2 run to end the game.

bignecks

I don't agree with your assessment of the fans I thought it was the loudest it had been in the building since the Mizzou women's game. 
On a different note, watching Quinlan and Robinson battle for 40 mins was pretty dang fun. 
sealhall74

You also kind of scratch your head and wonder if the unexpected women's loss sort of drained the enthusiasm a bit.  At least I thought we had that one after watching the first half.  Shock to come home from Applebees and see the result.
You could probably do some statistical analysis to answer the question conference wide whether first game result can impact 2nd game.
I guess I should be more precise.  The women's loss was not totally unexpected but the way we lost (4 points in finall quarter, tough shooting nite) would always be unexpected at home.

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:52 am At times, the Band and Cheerleaders are chanting different things.

To be fair, the band can barely see and definately can not hear the cheerleaders from across the court. Other than the times when they come out onto the court, I didn't realize they do anything.
sealhall74 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:33 pm You also kind of scratch your head and wonder if the unexpected women's loss sort of drained the enthusiasm a bit.
I guess I should be more precise.  The women's loss was not totally unexpected but the way we lost (4 points in finall quarter, tough shooting nite) would always be unexpected at home.

I do think that was a big part of it as well. You get through a close, tough, emotional game where you end up losing at home and you don't have a lot of energy for a second game.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

What do you think about having the Band and Cheerleaders on the same end of the court ????

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:53 pm What do you think about having the Band and Cheerleaders on the same end of the court ????

It might be a bit crowded with the danceline there too, but might be ok.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:21 pm
wiu712 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:53 pm What do you think about having the Band and Cheerleaders on the same end of the court ????

It might be a bit crowded with the danceline there too, but might be ok.

MIght be a dumb question, but I'm old school. As long as the danceline is going to be on the end of the court where the band is, why don't they chant along with the cheerleaders on the other end? I would think anything that would get people involved and vocal (appropriately, of course) would be encouraged even if it isn't solely focused on the cheerleaders.
rocki

Speaking of the Pep Band, who are the dancers that sit in the same section of bleachers? It's not the danceline, they're on the floor as are the cheerleaders. I've seen them when I've been at games and on camera, but I have no clue who they are.