WBIT

screamingeaglepride

I just found out that the NCAA has created a WBIT were 32 schools make the tournament. With the NCAA now controlling the men's NIT and now controlling the new WBIT it looks like the NCAA is creating two different tournaments for D1. The NCAA Division I tournament will schools from high major conferences with a few mid majors and the WBIT and NIT will have mid majors with 5th, 6th , 7th etc place teams in high major conferences. If the NCAA gets rid of automatic bids for conferences then I will know 100% that this is NCAA's intention.
sealhall74

Maybe we should do it like we did at the Illinois HS level a very long time ago. EVERY school is eligible for a post-season run.  A single class with feeder tournaments (they were called districts) for weeding out the numerous smaller schools.  Winners in those advanced to regionals with the larger schools, then sectionals, etc.  One class, one champion and a David knocks off a Goliath every now and then along the way to create a truly memorable moment.  Too many classes and/or tournaments water down those memorable moments IMHO.

Embrace the pace of the race.