2024 OVC Tournament

meganeck

bignecks wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:03 pm I'm certain Boudreau will have more 3 point shooting next season. After the way he recruited last season I'm not too worried. 

On the post game show, Coach is pretty confident they will be able to get guys to come to WIU. Sounds like he wants to get some more guard depth. Also sounds like they are making an adjustment in their recruiting based on how the OVC plays (or officiated) compared to the Summit Someone like Alec Rosner would have been huge on this year's team.
wiu712

In Friday's other semi-final game, #3 Morehead State beat #2 Tennessee-Martin 84-78.

Attendance for the evening session = 1,277
screamingeaglepride

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:36 pm
screamingeaglepride wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:36 am I hope all the a Western Illinois fans that make it to the OVC Tournament have a good time in Evansville.

If you are the same screamingeaglepride playing the pickem game, you supposedly have an e-gift reward from Applebee's unviewed.  Check your spam directory.  I can resend if necessary.

I am screamingeaglepride that plays the pickem game. I must have deleted the e-gift reward because I do not see it.
rocki

meganeck wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:24 pm
bignecks wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:03 pm I'm certain Boudreau will have more 3 point shooting next season. After the way he recruited last season I'm not too worried. 

On the post game show, Coach is pretty confident they will be able to get guys to come to WIU. Sounds like he wants to get some more guard depth. Also sounds like they are making an adjustment in their recruiting based on how the OVC plays (or officiated) compared to the Summit Someone like Alec Rosner would have been huge on this year's team.

Was the officiating really as bad as the radio announcer said?
sealhall74

rocki wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:00 am

The probably missed a couple of calls.  Our players and coach were talking to the officials during breaks in the action a little too much IMHO.  We flat out got beat by a quicker more physical team.  Once the outcome was not longer in doubt, officials did not call too much as most would do in that case.
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

rocki wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:00 am

I think BJ does a good job, but he seems to complain about the officiating every game

sealhall74

Morehead St sets the bar pretty high in OVC Mens Hoops. They brought a fan base probably quadruple or better than any other team from my estimate.  Their cheer teams have won beaucoup national titles.  If they continue to bring in studs like Minix, they willl be a force to reckon with for sure.

Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

OVC Championship game:  

#3 Morehead State beat #1 Little Rock 69-55

Attendance = 1,421
wiu712

During the championship game telecast, video was shown of some pep bands playing for their team at their hotel.

Did the Western Pep Band do that ???
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:47 am During the championship game telecast, video was shown of some pep bands playing for their team at their hotel.

Did the Western Pep Band do that ???

We did not. We did wait for the team outside the arena after Thursday night's win and cheered for them as they came out to the busses. I don't know where the basketball team was staying, but it wasn't where we were.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000