10/4 #1 NDSU at WIU

WIU0812

Coach Nielson asked fans to storm field when they win on Saturday!
NDSUSR

Play-To-Win wrote:
Play-To-Win wrote:I think this is a big game for Rollins whom is averaging 8.5 tackles a game and 5.6 solos Davis, and McDaniel play huge too they won't get chunks of yards they'll use TE to try to scheme us
. it's going to be to the secondary to slow them down
Our secondary has proven to be unreliable against the deep pass to the center of the field this year.
IMHO the only way for you to beat us is for your O-line to give your QB enough time to find a receiver deep in our secondary.
Rinse, lather, repeat. Your run game will struggle with our D and they are quick to the outside, so trying to spread the field wont work very well.
Slants and short passes will eventually lead to picks.

Good luck, and here is hoping for a good, injury free game!
sealhall74

WIU0812 wrote:Coach Nielson asked fans to storm field when they win on Saturday!
Homecoming, heroes, a confident commander leading his troops into battle, I brought my Canon DSLR, ... karma
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

WIU0812 wrote:Coach Nielson asked fans to storm field when they win on Saturday!
Homecoming, heroes, a confident commander leading his troops into battle, I brought my Canon DSLR, ... karma

I am feeling so good about this one I even tipped the Marriott maid this morning. That is a first for me.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

The game will be available via ESPN3.

The game is listed at 4PM, EDT (3PM, Central).

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index#type ... /football/
Tere North

While I think it would be great, I somehow doubt WIU administration would like the idea. I can remember back when we were winning and recall the threats of arrest if any fans went on the field. Storming fields and taking down goalposts is COLLEGE FOOTBALL. Heck some schools even have goalposts made that are easy for the fans to lay down so no one gets injured. Let's hope for not only a victory, but a change in admin approach.
KippJones

Former WIU asst. coach Bill Wilt once said, "if you ain't strechin', you are a duuuuuumb ass!" If you're not at Hanson Field, for arguably one of the biggest games in our programs history, he'd probably say the same thing.

Tere hit it right on! I recall back in 1998, when Erik Rogers carried half of the Florida A&M defense nearly the entire length of the field (not really) for a TD. The Leathernecks beat the Rattlers in the semi's of the 1-AA playoffs 24-21, and not only did we storm the field, one of the uprights got ripped down from the North Endzone and ended up in Lake Ruth. I think it'd be very cool to see, especially if it encourages the student body to come to more home events. Do it spirited, but tastefully.
SunDevilLawyer

Haha storming the field is great...but I just want a win...lets get that first lol.
Neckfansince71

Kipp,
I was there for that game too. Wasn't it just a little bit fogging when Rogers carried 3 defenders into the end zone with him? Almost hit a deer on 88 on the way home that night! ;) jc
wiu712

Besides being able via ESPN3, the game will be available via First Row Sports.
Game time in the list is 15:00 (3PM).
http://ifirstrowus.eu/sport/american-football.html