Football Recruits - 2016

Neckfansince71

Really hate the fact that we are going to lose some of our initial commits but that can't be helped when the staff changes! Just part of the process. ;) jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Likely a few, but maybe fewer than it initially seemed. Plus the new staff will have tabs on their own recruits as well, so we'll get some quality players.

Also, looks like Marchalo Judge is getting a home visit this evening:
[tweet]688070048058077184[/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
LeatherCy

No I didn't say Nick will definitely be a Leatherneck. But I'd say WIU has to be the favorite. I was told by family member he is keeping all his options open but Fargo probably WON'T be happening. I know AJ had mentioined more than once that if Nick ever looked to transfer from Iowa State he would love to hve him here. We should know within a week.
rocki

LeatherCy wrote:No I didn't say Nick will definitely be a Leatherneck. But I'd say WIU has to be the favorite. I was told by family member he is keeping all his options open but Fargo probably WON'T be happening. I know AJ had mentioined more than once that if Nick ever looked to transfer from Iowa State he would love to hve him here. We should know within a week.
Wonder if he's still even looking at playing football - since he's graduating early (I think that's what I read) he might just be focused on getting his masters degree. I don't have a clue.
vatusay

Looks like wiu has offered lance lenoir's brother
#ALLIN #YOLO
vatusay

Also, Bradley King is visiting NDSU on the 16th. Hopefully he gives wiu another shot.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

vatusay wrote:Looks like wiu has offered lance lenoir's brother
Awesome. We could theoretically go 7 straight years with a Lenoir leading the team in receiving.
ibleedpurpleandgold

ST_Lawson wrote:
Awesome. We could theoretically go 7 straight years with a Lenoir leading the team in receiving.
that will be interesting cause i know he originally commited to SIU.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

ibleedpurpleandgold wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote:
that will be interesting cause i know he originally commited to SIU.
Actually, maybe it'd be 8 years. Borsellino is listed as the receiving leader for their freshman year, but I'm seeing on the stats it says Lenior had 489 yards and Borsellino had 465 yards. Maybe it's just referring to # of receptions.
vatusay

rivals lists him as solid verbal for SIU, so could snag him still.
#ALLIN #YOLO