2015 Alumni Pep Band

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
sealhall74

Two of the best in the land have catchy names that the public can identify with:

GMU = Green Machine
VCU = Peppas

The generic <College> Pep Band just does not titillate my sensitivities positively.

I am looking forward to seeing VCU @ GMU on Wednesday.

I doubt that the Peppas will be there but I would pay double my $20 ticket if they would be at one end and Green Machine at the other. You can't help but be impressed by the lengths these guys go to entertain the fans.

[youtube][/youtube]
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

The addition of the Alumni Pep Band to the regular Pep Band made for a large and loud group! They yelled for both games! And sounded great!

However, I did not see any mention of the Alumni Pep Band on the new video boards. And the PA announcer did not mention them either.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Well, we weren't having to fill in for the band being gone for some other event and our own turnout was kinda low, so we didn't think that we wanted to make it a big deal or anything. Plus, it was Senior day, so it's more important for the senior players, danceline and pep band members to get their recognition than the 7-8 alumni who showed up.

Glad to know that we sounded good though.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

Would have been nice to recognize the seniors in the PepBand though, like they did for the cheerleaders, Westernettes, etc. It did seem odd, though, that the senior cheerleaders were recognized at Thursday's women's game and not on Saturday's Senior Night.

~tere
wiu712

Tere North wrote:Would have been nice to recognize the seniors in the PepBand though, like they did for the cheerleaders, Westernettes, etc. It did seem odd, though, that the senior cheerleaders were recognized at Thursday's women's game and not on Saturday's Senior Night.
Three senior Pep Band members were recognized during the second half of the Men's game Saturday night.

The cheer squad for Saturday was not the same group that was there for Thursday's game. I'm just guessing that the group cheering on Saturday did not have any seniors.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yup, here's the senior pep band members that they recognized at last night's game:

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

Glad to know they all got recognized. I was only there for the women's game.

~tere