GDT NDSU 2:00 PM

wiu712

vatusay wrote:WIU wins this game with any sort of crowd.
Western fans will remember that we had a crowd of 3,973 inside Western Hall for the game with North Dakota State two years ago (January 20, 2013). Western won that game 50-42.

This game on Super Bowl Sunday was scheduled by the Summit League.

I think that it is safe to say if that if this game had been played on Saturday night, the crowd would have been much bigger. It could have been a double-header day since the Women had a 4:30 PM game on Saturday.
Last edited by wiu712 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakesbison

Thurs/Sat works. With Saturday being double header.

No one will want to play WIU in Sioux falls that's all I will say
vatusay

Yes I was at the 39xx game. Great atmosphere for great team cut down by injuries. Still sad lol.

Yes I realize that it was scheduled by the summit. Talk about ignorant decision by them costing all the programs money.
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

Just reviewed boxscore. No Chapman minutes. Was he out sick or injured? Very strange if not. Going with just seven is pretty tough down the stretch. The stretch run is usually where a mid-major coach is in one of two positions. He is either 1) fighting game in and game out for the conference championship and to get better seed positions in conference tournament or 2) he is fine-tuning his PTPers with necessary minutes to get them sharp enough to possibly pull off an upset or two in the conference tournament. Minutes very important IMO - wins not so much.

On the flipside, Duke could be a top 4 NCAA seed with just eight scholarship players right now and they will probably lose a couple of those guys to an early NBA draft. Coach K does deserve lots of kudos for his 1K wins. Just wondering though how many wins he would have had he spent his entire coaching career at the mid-major level.
Embrace the pace of the race.