Summit Tourney Etc

vatusay

It sucks that it is home court for certain teams, but money talks.

Realistically I would like to see first round games played at higher seed home court. Might drum up some interest for fans that wouldn't make the trip with a win.
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

Men's Semi-finals:
South Dakota State beat South Dakota 78-65.
North Dakota State beat Oral Roberts 60-56.

The attendance was 10,153.

The championship game will be Tuesday at 8PM on ESPN2.
sealhall74

One of today's Argus Leader newspaper headline is "Rout Reduces Rivalry Noise". The "playing in your own backyard" advantage is nice for them but the rivalry aspect is yet another thing that fuels the fire for the teams up here. It seems to be sort of tossup between USD and NDSU as to who SDSU considers their best rival at this time in hoops. The deck is stacked so heavily in the favor of these guys it is almost embarrassing to say we and others are willing partners in the affair. But money talks and there is plenty of it here. I walked into Premier Center yesterday afternoon through the VIP parking lot. I had to grab a snap of a nice looking Cadillac Escalade with South Dakota license plate "PREMIER". No doubt the guy driving that has the best suite in the arena or knows the guy that does. ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
vatusay

I can hear the rabbit fans complaining about that reversal all the way over here!
#ALLIN #YOLO
Necks2003

It was nice to see both teams shoot fairly cold at several points during the game. Everytime we play them they both shoot lights out. I did really enjoy watching the SDSU player taking the last shot throwing up the biggest brick I have ever seen being that he was wide open. Hopefully that horrible shooting plagues him when we get him next year.

Suprisingly, in looking at some of the facilities hosting conference championship games over the last couple of days, Western Hall is definitely more accomodating than several of the other mid-major facilities out there. Some updated seating would go a long way to make the facility more aesthetic and up to the standards for the rest of the conference. However, winning in any Western Hall/ facility makes everything look better!
Last edited by Necks2003 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
wiu712

North Dakota State (23-9) defeated South Dakota State (23-10) in tonight's championship game 57-56.
Attendance was 9,033.
sealhall74

I was wrong. The Sanford Health President/CEO Kelby K. Krabbenhoft does not watch the game from a suite. He sits row 1 center court directly behind scorers table. At least he did for this one. Krabbenhoft's son is currently an assistant for Nagy and he formerly played ball for Wisconsin (2005-2009) and then had a short stint playing pro ball overseas:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... EASON=2014

Not sure what tonight's game looked like on TV but it was very exciting to watch in person even if it was not exceptionally well-played or even well refereed at times. A lot of ebb and flow going on. The refs let them get very physical. We need to really beef up our kids to compete with XDSU in a game like this.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Necks2003

Agreed, beefing up is a must to compete within the conference. Especially since we generally are a smaller team overall and currently we are primarily underclassman.