WIU at Coastal Carolina University (9/14/2015)

Tere North

In my thoughts of honoring a student and a community member, I neglected to include that they need to be picked from the tailgating crowd to get excitement starting there, not some predetermined selection.
sealhall74

Tere North wrote:In my thoughts of honoring a student and a community member, I neglected to include that they need to be picked from the tailgating crowd to get excitement starting there, not some predetermined selection.
That's a winner. Could be randomly selected or based on best costume, demonstrated spirit, etc.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

An article about Nikko Watson's return to the team was in today's "Peoria Journal-Star":
http://www.pjstar.com/article/20150922/ ... 130/SPORTS
rocki

Whatever cheer you use, in keeping with the "Leathernecks" moniker maybe it could end in a typical Marine "Ooh Rah!!!!". Then you could go simple for the cheer, and make the Ooh Rah the "punch line".
sealhall74

rocki wrote:Whatever cheer you use, in keeping with the "Leathernecks" moniker maybe it could end in a typical Marine "Ooh Rah!!!!". Then you could go simple for the cheer, and make the Ooh Rah the "punch line".
YES ^^^^^^^^

So, I am thinking Colonel Rock should be the one ceremoniously bestowing the honors upon the two "Captains For the Day". He would not be receiving an award himself. One of the Captains hold the mic and lead the crowd in whatever cheer we come up. This might actually work. Is it good for hoops too? Colonel Rock is usually there. For hoops, let them sit on the bench with players?
Embrace the pace of the race.