Assistant Coaches???

BobLovely

sealhall74 wrote:Damn, cut USD some slack.
No can do...

Bob
wiu712

vatusay wrote:Did they come up at same time sdsu's and NDSU?
South Dakota State and North Dakota State moved to FCS in 2004.

South Dakota made the move in 2008.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

vatusay wrote:I knew they hadn't been d1 that long but didn't realize it was that recent.

Did they come up at same time sdsu's and NDSU?
A couple of years later. The XDSU's became full Div I in '07 and the UXD's in '11.

Think about that bit for a minute...NDSU became a D1 school in '07, so 9 years total they've been D1. I think they were ineligible for the playoffs their first year (they went 10-1 but didn't go the playoffs). 5 out of those 9 years they've been the FCS national champions.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ibleedpurpleandgold

http://www.scout.com/story/1644242?s=109
Found this article about DL coach Tyler Stockton.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just saw this tweet from Deon Broomfield:
[tweet]703229902422728704[/tweet]

Deon Broomfield played at Iowa State, signed as undrafted free agent by the Bills in '14, waived/injury in '15. Technically considered a free agent right now, but I wonder if he decided to just go ahead and get into coaching at some level. I also wonder what his position will be with us (since it sounds like he's joining our coaching staff).

EDIT - looked at our coaches list and we have the D-Coordinator, LB Coach, D-Line Coach, but don't have anyone specifically coaching the DBs. Since he played Safety in college and NFL, I assume that's what he'll be coaching with us probably?

EDIT #2 - although it sounds like D-Coordinator Elson was going to coach DBs, so maybe an assistant DB coach, or GA or something.
LeatherCy

I watched "Broomy" play for four years at Iowa State. He's from Melbourne, FL. Started out on Special Teams then worked his way up to part time starter and most of his Junior year and all of his Senior year he was a valuable starter for the Cyclones. He will be remembered for tackling, I believe it was Justin Blackman, a yard short of a first down late in the game vs Oklahoma State. OSU missed the FG by about the width of the ball with the score remaining tied. The Cyclones went on to defeat the #2 ranked Cowboys in double OT knocking the Cowboys out of the national championship game that year.
LeatherCy

I was back in Macomb Saturday for the DH and finally got to meet Coach Fisher. He's everything I was told, nice guy, personable and wanting to get the job done. He introduced me to Coach Malone and the other Coach Fisher. Coach Fisher told me of the former players he has reached out to already. He is meeting with Frank Winters this week and has called Mike Scifres. I mentioned Rodney Harrison and Bryon Cox. Hopefully there has been enough water over the bridge and they both would be receptive. I also sent Coach Fisher names of four former players here in Iowa plus a DE prospect. I'm looking forward to the Spring game and the FB golf outing the next day.
ibleedpurpleandgold

Sounds like coach fisher and Michael Jones are on the road meeting with supporters.
meganeck

LeatherCy wrote:I was back in Macomb Saturday for the DH and finally got to meet Coach Fisher. He's everything I was told, nice guy, personable and wanting to get the job done. He introduced me to Coach Malone and the other Coach Fisher. Coach Fisher told me of the former players he has reached out to already. He is meeting with Frank Winters this week and has called Mike Scifres. I mentioned Rodney Harrison and Bryon Cox. Hopefully there has been enough water over the bridge and they both would be receptive. I also sent Coach Fisher names of four former players here in Iowa plus a DE prospect. I'm looking forward to the Spring game and the FB golf outing the next day.
thanks for the update, sounds like good news.. thanks for passing it on
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just found out that Coach Crutchley will be leaving to become the head coach at his old high school. He'll be closer to his family and will have a chance to run his own program, so it sounds like a nice opportunity for him.

The search for his replacement is already underway.