National Signing Day 2016

BobLovely

Myron Cunningham is one big dude...

Bob
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

BobLovely wrote:Myron Cunningham is one big dude...

Bob
Yea, in the video, Coach Fisher says he's thinking he'll get up to ~315-320. At about 6 1/2 feet tall, that is one seriously big dude. If you look at photos of him though...very little fat on him. He's solid.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

That might be it...hard to say. The only other one I thought we might see would be Raymond Sullivan, DE/OLB from Lincolnshire, IL. Offers from us and SDSU. No mention of him from SDSU's side of things (no NLI or mention on their twitter account). Other than Sullivan retweeting some of his HS teammates signing to play college ball, he's been pretty quiet today.

I mean, I really like where we're at right now, but every little bit helps.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Ok, so it looks like that might be it for the day, as near as I can tell. Remember though, as I mentioned elsewhere, signing period goes through all of February and March, ending on April 1st. Also, starting February 5th all the way through April 14th is a "quiet period" for recruiting. What that means:
During a quiet period, a college coach may only have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents on the college’s campus. A coach may not watch student-athletes compete (unless a competition occurs on the college’s campus) or visit their high schools. Coaches may write or telephone college-bound student-athletes or their parents during this time.
So, if the coaches feel that there are needs that still need to be addressed and quality kids out there that haven't made up their minds yet, our coaches can still call or email them, bring them in for campus visits, etc.

That doesn't necessarily mean that we will get more kids, but it doesn't preclude the possibility either. We will also get at least a couple of walk-ons most likely, so I don't think the team is completely done being assembled quite yet.
BobLovely

It looks like we are about done for today. I am impressed with the quality of this class and I applaud the national recruiting focus. Hopefully, we pick up a few more signees or transfers to add to the talent on this team.

Bob
sealhall74

Ty Howle is our "Walkon Program Coordinator". I have never seen that responsibility listed formally. Coach Fisher must plan on something happening there.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

[tweet]694988904127184896[/tweet]
ibleedpurpleandgold

It's also important to remember that a class is usually for 2 yrs not that year very few of these kids will probably make a big impact this season but in 2017 these players will be very important.
sealhall74

I used to think that the I55 corridor along with Missouri and Wisconsin were prime targets. Problem with that approach is that every MVFC school is recruiting the same kids. I like reaching down south into Georgia, Florida, and Alabama. Let's face it. Every kid wants to compete in the MVFC thanks to the success NDSU has had the last few years.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

ibleedpurpleandgold wrote:It's also important to remember that a class is usually for 2 yrs not that year very few of these kids will probably make a big impact this season but in 2017 these players will be very important.
Coach Fisher did mention that a few of the d-line guys will likely have to play right away, just due to necessity. We do have some quality guys on the d-line already, but it's one of those situations where, if you have anyone going out with injury, or even having to sit a few plays or something, we don't have much to fill that spot. Hopefully most can be redshirted, but I think we'll see maybe 2-3 of this class actually get on the field in 2016.

Offensively, I would hope that pretty much everyone can be redshirted so they can get some experience and some weight training put in before getting on the field. I think we're still in a very good position on offense.