Spring "Training" and Practices

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Official spring practices don't start for 2 more weeks, but the guys are putting in time in the weight room and doing drills out on the field already.

I don't know about you, but this has got me excited for next season already:

[tweet]707006594626625537[/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

I'd imagine the position coaches are always present at these times, but is the head coach? I noticed coach fisher was always on of the first guys in there congratulating the guys. I just can't imagine nielson doing something like this with genuine enthusiasm lol.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ibleedpurpleandgold

vatusay wrote:I'd imagine the position coaches are always present at these times, but is the head coach? I noticed coach fisher was always on of the first guys in there congratulating the guys. I just can't imagine nielson doing something like this with genuine enthusiasm lol.
I was thinking the same thing fisher seems to be more invested in the players and not just putting it on the assistants.
rocki

This is great!!! Doesn't look like they've lost any spark at all, in fact they look like maybe it's made them more cohesive. Looking forward to spring ball!!!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Somebody's hungry...

[tweet]707660113369296902[/tweet]

EDIT - ok, now he went and deleted his tweet. for reference, it was Stacey Smith (sophomore WR) with a tweet saying something like "the only way I'm leaving town for spring break is if I'm going somewhere that has a gym".
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Full Spring Practice Schedule:

ibleedpurpleandgold

ST_Lawson wrote:Full Spring Practice Schedule:

Do they typically announce the practice schedule i might try to come out and watch a little practice.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

ibleedpurpleandgold wrote:Do they typically announce the practice schedule i might try to come out and watch a little practice.
They have in the past, although I think this is the first time I've seen a spring practice schedule "poster".

Looks like it's not that unusual though: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthr ... dules-2016
Western_101

The older I get the more I appreciate what these student athletes do. Definatly hyped up. Makes me want to go to the gym...what is that the clean and jerk?
meganeck

I like how Coach Fisher said they absolutely need to improve special teams. Apparently he went back and watched all the games during the Nielson era