Summit League coaching changes

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
meganeck

Denver has let their head coach go and have already hired, I believe its official, Chauncey Billips brother. He was an assistant at Colorado.

Also I believe IPFW has let their women's coach go.
sealhall74

Scott Nagy looks like he is jumping ship to Wright State. Horizon League does not impress me too much but doubling a guy's salary does.

Also appears that Matt Margenthaler will be applying for the job. He was an assistant for Nagy at SDSU early in his career. Has been a consistent winner at D2 Minnesota State.

Scratch Margenthaler from SDSU potential list. He is "committed" to the Mavericks for now.
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

Connie Yori resigns as Nebraska women's head coach amid investigation regarding mistreatment. Amy Williams, a UNL grad, could be setting up shop just down the hall from Coach Mo about three days from now. She might be quadrupling her salary at USD.
meganeck

sealhall74 wrote:Connie Yori resigns as Nebraska women's head coach amid investigation regarding mistreatment. Amy Williams, a UNL grad, could be setting up shop just down the hall from Coach Mo about three days from now. She might be quadrupling her salary at USD.
Double wow - only thing I heard is that Yori is going thru a divorce and I hadn't heard any names for the Nebraska job.
sealhall74

Latest word off the street is that the UNL job is Williams if she wants it. Hypothetical here and actually someone on Yotes board mentioned this, although maybe in jest. No joke here. What do you think? Would you as an AD consider hiring Nicole Seekamp, undoubtedly your best player to ever put on a Yote uniform, to take over your program. She is expected to be a 2nd or 3rd round WNBA draft pick this month. WNBA season goes from May thru early October. Could a division I head coach also play pro ball? Seems like it is a possibility if you surround yourself with some good assistants. Seekamp has been grooming herself for a coaching career with a major in psychology and minor in coaching. She is probably a year or two older than Tyler Summit (yes that Summit) who took over the Louisiana Tech program at age 23. That saga ended on a bad note yesterday as he resigned for allegedly having a relationship with one of his players. Oh well, that is enough for a Friday night.
Tere North

sealhall74 wrote:Could a division I head coach also play pro ball? Seems like it is a possibility if you surround yourself with some good assistants. Seekamp has been grooming herself for a coaching career with a major in psychology and minor in coaching.
Dawn Staley played ball and coached at Temple for several years, though she has hung up the sneakers and is now at South Carolina.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Coach Amy Williams to Nebraska is now official: http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... OEM_ID=100
She was the coach at South Dakota for the last 4 seasons and played at Nebraska from '94-'98.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Williams gets 5 year contract @ $575K/year with I am sure a lot of good incentives thrown in.
ibleedpurpleandgold

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/ ... /82997894/
Looks like SDSU has found Nagy replacement.
meganeck

meganeck wrote:Denver has let their head coach go and have already hired, I believe its official, Chauncey Billips brother. He was an assistant at Colorado.

Also I believe IPFW has let their women's coach go.
IPFW has hired Niecee Nelson, an assistant from U of San Diego.