Best late round NFL draft picks

necknerd

ESPN ran a piece today on the best late round draft picks for each NFL team and look who popped up for the Chargers http://espn.go.com/blog/san-diego-charg ... ound-steal
ibleedpurpleandgold

could careless he doesn't care about WIU why should they care about him.
vatusay

I wonder if new coaching staff has reached out to him.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I'd imagine they probably have reached out to all the football alumni they were able to find, especially the "high-profile" ones. From everything I've heard though, he all but flat-out denies that he ever went to Western. Doesn't want anything to do with us it seems.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Now that Rodney has made it on the big time media stage, he would never just show up somewhere without receiving an appearance fee. Either that, or all of those concussions caused him to forget where he went to school.
Last edited by sealhall74 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ibleedpurpleandgold

he did play for randy ball which speaks for itself.
vatusay

I remember when he played in the prime time games he would say his high school instead of college. Have heard stories that he was, to put it nicely, a jerk when he was on campus.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Tere North

vatusay wrote:I remember when he played in the prime time games he would say his high school instead of college. Have heard stories that he was, to put it nicely, a jerk when he was on campus.
He gave his high school because he did not graduate.
necknerd

He may not have been an alumni, nor the best example of a student athlete, but was nice to see WIU mentioned in an ESPN article...no such thing as bad publicity?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

necknerd wrote:He may not have been an alumni, nor the best example of a student athlete, but was nice to see WIU mentioned in an ESPN article...no such thing as bad publicity?
This is true. He may not like to claim it, but he did play for us and did very well on the football field here. And any time you can have a player of that level with "Western Illinois" sitting next to his name, I think that's a good thing for us.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000