Coastal Carolina FBS move.

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
Western_101

I have been lurking over on the Coastalfans.com message board and as of this posting there is no funding in place for an expansion of their Brooks stadium. So It appears that in the 2017 season the Chanticleers will be playing their home games in an approximately 9,200 seat stadium. Coastal Carolina reneged on an agreement to play the the Leathernecks in Macomb. Hanson Field has seating for 16,000 w/ standing room and hillside views pushing that total capacity to 20,000.

Maybe this makes me a bad person, but there is a part of me that delights in what appears to be an unraveling of a half baked FBS plan out in Conway.

:D
sealhall74

They are doing pretty well given they have only had a football program for 13 years now.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Western_101

Touche Seal. I wonder if the location has anything to do with it? Not saying that Macomb isn't just as nice as the Myrtle Beach area.
sealhall74

CCU baseball advances to super-regional to face LSU in a best of three series at LSU. Their baseball program has been well above FCS caliber for many years.
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote:CCU baseball advances to super-regional to face LSU in a best of three series at LSU. Their baseball program has been well above FCS caliber for many years.
Yeah i know there's a kid from galesburg on there baseball team.
Western_101

sealhall74 wrote:CCU baseball advances to super-regional to face LSU in a best of three series at LSU. Their baseball program has been well above FCS caliber for many years.
I think I know what you are getting at Seal. However, what does FCS have to do with baseball?
sealhall74

RedNeck wrote:
I think I know what you are getting at Seal. However, what does FCS have to do with baseball?
Ah, you got me on a technicality. FCS is just less typing than mid-major.
sealhall74

CCU advances to College World Series. LSU fan base is about as raucous as any I have seen. Kudos to the Chants to get it done in front of the Tiger faithful.
wiu712

The score was tied 3-3 in the bottom of the 9th. Coastal Carolina had a runner on 2nd with no outs. Here is the walk-off base hit that sends Coastal Carolina to Omaha:
http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/artic ... st-college

An even more amazing walk-off hit came in the UC-Santa Barabra vs Louisville game. Louisville was leading 3-0 in the bottom of the 9th. UCSB had the bases loaded with one out. Sent up to pinch-hit was Sam Cohen: a third-string catcher with only 26 at bats the entire season.

Right now, he is a UCSB legend after hitting a grand-slam that would send UCSB to its first College World Series in its program’s history. The pitcher he hit it off of is Zack Burdi: a first-round draft pick by the Chicago White Sox who has allowed one homer in 19 games and arguably the best closer in college. Entering the weekend with a 36-1 record at home, Louisville was handed its first back-to-back losses at Jim Patterson field since the 2012 season. It also snapped a streak of 186 straight games won by Louisville in which they led entering the ninth inning.

The count was 1-2 at the time of the grand slam. Be sure to watch the home plate umpire get caught up in the middle of the "dogpile":
sealhall74

Going out on a limb here, but I think if CCU alumnus Dustin Johnson pulls out a win in US Open, the Chants will follow suit later today.