Search found 384 matches

by Necks2003
Tue Sep 01, 2026 10:29 am
Forum: Forum Info
Topic: Ads or Donations?
Replies: 10
Views: 10129

Re: Ads or Donations?

Same here. Thanks for your time in operating the site.
 
by Necks2003
Thu Aug 27, 2026 11:23 am
Forum: Football
Topic: 2026 Week 0 - WIU vs Northwestern (IA)
Replies: 33
Views: 10419

Re: 2026 Week 0 - WIU vs Northwestern (IA)

I will be watching on ESPN+ as well.

Go NECKS!
by Necks2003
Mon Aug 03, 2026 8:45 am
Forum: Leatherneck Athletics
Topic: Bubb out as AD
Replies: 66
Views: 160416

Re: Bubb out as AD

Unfortunately these consulting search committees are going to cost several hundreds of thousands of $$$. IMO there are plenty of intelligent folks internally that can post the same job openings and review potential qualified candidates. It's not rocket science to find someone that will have the ...
by Necks2003
Fri Jun 05, 2026 9:03 am
Forum: Leatherneck Athletics
Topic: Bubb out as AD
Replies: 66
Views: 160416

Re: Bubb out as AD

Something interesting I have seen related to NIL money. Big pockets at bigger programs obviously have more resources and make things easier.

However, mid tier programs have rebranded NIL money. A full ride used to be 18+ hours per semester, plus a book allocation, with room and board. Nowadays ...
by Necks2003
Thu Jun 04, 2026 9:20 am
Forum: Leatherneck Athletics
Topic: Bubb out as AD
Replies: 66
Views: 160416

Re: Bubb out as AD


Looking from a distance (Quad Cities), I thought he did very well given the limited resources he had to work with. I did not attend that many events but those I did were pleasant experiences for me and the wife. Deserves a lot of credit for making the move to the OVC. I guess time will tell if we ...
by Necks2003
Thu May 28, 2026 10:27 am
Forum: Men's Basketball
Topic: Players entering the Portal
Replies: 44
Views: 249232

Re: Players entering the Portal

Does anyone know how many scholarships are still available with the bulk of the players leaving? Seems like there should be several open spots.
by Necks2003
Thu Mar 26, 2026 8:44 pm
Forum: Men's Basketball
Topic: Basketball Program Costs
Replies: 1
Views: 36419

Re: Basketball Program Costs

I can't say I know the numbers.....but at least at D1 the university the program has opportunities for money games to assist the program costs.

There are no money games for D2 and NAIA. If they were to consider a drop in level.....the university has no money games to help basketball or football ...
by Necks2003
Fri Mar 20, 2026 11:46 am
Forum: Women's Basketball
Topic: 2026 NCAA Tournament
Replies: 26
Views: 207165

Re: 2026 NCAA Tournament

Women....Don't be afraid to shock the world!
by Necks2003
Sat Feb 21, 2026 5:21 pm
Forum: Men's Basketball
Topic: It’s time…
Replies: 53
Views: 358990

Re: It’s time…

I was really optimistic in the beginning, but what a overall disappointment for players and fans accross the board. Thanks to those who put in their effort....sometimes changes are just need accross the board.
by Necks2003
Sun Feb 08, 2026 1:18 pm
Forum: Men's Basketball
Topic: at Tenn St
Replies: 8
Views: 59066

Re: at Tenn St


Call Bob Huggins. If we don’t have a desire to be successful we should drop out of d1



However, without getting the early season money games to offset a significant portion of the program expenses......dropping out of D1 would make attracting talent even more difficult. Also, it would likely ...