9/24/22 - vs Northern Iowa

sealhall74

If the energy from the W Campaign in Western Hall tonight carries over to tomorrow, we got these guys.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Neckfansince71

I am so sorry that I missed the night's big event!  Heard it was just outstanding! ;)
 jc
rocki

Can we please FINALLY get a running game started this week? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
leatherneckcountry

Tailgating area was very slow.
rocki

Snaps have been terrible. Need tons of extra practice to get them down.
WIU2DC

Welp, we are just bad. We will be lucky to get one W this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tere North

WIU2DC wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:07 pm Welp, we are just bad. We will be lucky to get one W this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The players, the coaching, or both?

rocki

I'd ask Santa for an offensive line, but by the time he gets here it will be too late. And just for venting's sake, I realize the TV people are broadcasting students, and I've been willing to cut them some slack.....but I really  wanted to throttle them today when their commentary was all about the QB. Yeah, he had a bad (actually pretty terrible) day, but neither he nor the other QB options have any protection, and they are all going to have issues. Personally, I'd say Davenport has the arm, Ogala has a good arm and he can scramble (but can't throw as well as Davenport and can't scramble like Bruno), and Bruno has the legs. Still, if they have nothing keeping defenders from getting to them, none of the skills matter. 

wiu712

Northern Iowa wins the game 52-17

Clay Bruno was 15 of 29 for 166 yards.

Northern Iowa had 468 Total Yards.  Western had 297.

Only 1 Penalty called on Western.

Attendance at Hanson Field = 4,500

UNI nabs first win in dominating performance against Leathernecks.
From the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier:
https://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/u ... -top-story

sealhall74

I saw at least one positive.  A little more creativity in the running game, early at least.  The A gaps and B gaps are pretty much off limits so a little guy who can change direction on a dime and bounce it outside one way or the other, did get us a few rushing yards.  But if the (whichever) QB continues to lead the team in rushing, it will be a very long season.  Each QB has specific strengths and weaknesses, put them all together in body and we probably have a slightly above average MVFC QB to run the show.  We have to start playing complementary football, after all, it is a team game.  The D get a stop or takeaway - the O needs to put points on the board.  It works the other way too - points on the board, the D needs a 3 and out to keep the momentum flowing.

Embrace the pace of the race.