Club Sports

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
screamingeaglepride

I was wondering what club sports does Western Illinois have? As far as I know Southern Indiana has men's and women's rugby, ice hockey on and off, bass fishing, clay target, fencing and ultimate frisbee.
wiu712

screamingeaglepride

wiu712 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:42 pm Western Sports Clubs:
http://www.wiu.edu/student_success/camp ... ort_clubs/

That's a lot of club sports.
sealhall74

Better question to ask is what is the participation level in the existing club sports?  Back in the day, club sports and even intramurals were covered very well in the Courier student newspaper.  You would see students walk around campus in their "letter jackets" advertising their participation in one sport or another. My RA in Seal was big into the volleyball club (he practiced his spikes against the wall right outside my door.  lol. )
Not so much of this stuff going on today from what I can tell.

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:Better question to ask is what is the participation level in the existing club sports?  Back in the day, club sports and even intramurals were covered very well in the Courier student newspaper.  You would see students walk around campus in their "letter jackets" advertising their participation in one sport or another. My RA in Seal was big into the volleyball club (he practiced his spikes against the wall right outside my door.  lol. )
Not so much of this stuff going on today from what I can tell.

I know that the cricket club had a pretty big group a year or so ago. I’d see a bunch of them practicing over on Vince Grady field occasionally.

The E-sports club is going a lot of interest too, from what I’ve heard (and with the new digital rec center).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000