No Coach's Show

4EverPurple&Gold

Just wondering have we stop doing a coach's radio show during the week? 
rocki

I don't remember there being one for quite a while.
sealhall74

I think Charlie Fisher was the last one to do it.  Or maybe Elliott first year?  I do miss it.  Especially the part where people could weigh in with their own questions.  Another thing missing is the post game coach comments on the radio feed.  We dont even get comments as part of the writeups anymore.  So much for accountabiity.

Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:17 am I think Charlie Fisher was the last one to do it.  Or maybe Elliott first year?  I do miss it.  Especially the part where people could weigh in with their own questions.  Another thing missing is the post game coach comments on the radio feed.  We dont even get comments as part of the writeups anymore.  So much for accountabiity.

Elliott did it for a while, but I think it fizzled out with covid. The restrictions have had long lasting consequences, I fear.
4EverPurple&Gold

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:17 am I think Charlie Fisher was the last one to do it.  Or maybe Elliott first year?  I do miss it.  Especially the part where people could weigh in with their own questions.  Another thing missing is the post game coach comments on the radio feed.  We dont even get comments as part of the writeups anymore.  So much for accountabiity.

Yeah it sucks that they don't do them anymore... I feel like every team does them. Even high schools.

I have said it before, oru marketing and pr team needs some work 
wiu712

When Mark Hendrickson was head football coach, he did a weekly radio show on WIUS-FM.

WIU-TV-3 has also done coaches shows in the past.

Western Athletics should be using WIUS-FM and WIU-TV-3 more than they are currently doing.

Last edited by wiu712 on Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:02 am When Mark Hendrickson was head football coach, he did a weekly radio show on WIUS-FM.

WIU-TV-3 has also done coach's shows in the past.

Western Athletics should be using WIUS-FM and WIU-TV-3 more than they are currently doing.

My two cents is if you are serious, you keep trying to improve upon what you currently have from year to year.  Seems we are regressing.  But I also know my two cents are not worth much when it takes a lot of dollars to really make things happen.  No doubt a coach can demand more salary for each and every media appearance he is contracted for.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

By utilizing its own resources (WIUS-FM and WIU-TV-3), Western Athletics would not have to buy radio time for a Coaches Show and / or have to sell advertising for such a show.