Let’s do better Macomb

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
leatherneckcountry

What is happening to macomb. What a rough 24 hrs yesterday there was another shooting less than a block from where the shooting earlier this year happened. Then last night there was a fight at the jail which left an inmate dead.
rocki

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:26 am What is happening to macomb. What a rough 24 hrs yesterday there was another shooting less than a block from where the shooting earlier this year happened. Then last night there was a fight at the jail which left an inmate dead.

I'm a townie, and this is definitely NOT the town I grew up in. I'm appalled and dismayed by what is happening to my hometown.
Neckfansince71

Rocki,  you just have to shake your head in disbelief and utter disgust.  These kind of things are happening all over Illinois and the United States.  I just listened to the news and a young lady was killed while she stopped at an ATM, another couple were beat up and robbed including their car , in Beverly south west suburbs.  When I was a high school kid, the violence took place in the neighbor hoods of Chicago.  Slowly that same thing has slowly moved out to the suburbs, and now to places on the prairie.  No excuse for this.  jc ;)

rocki

Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:07 pm Rocki,  you just have to shake your head in disbelief and utter disgust.  These kind of things are happening all over Illinois and the United States.  I just listened to the news and a young lady was killed while she stopped at an ATM, another couple were beat up and robbed including their car , in Beverly south west suburbs.  When I was a high school kid, the violence took place in the neighbor hoods of Chicago.  Slowly that same thing has slowly moved out to the suburbs, and now to places on the prairie.  No excuse for this.  jc ;)

Believe me, I do. I simply can NOT comprehend the lunacy that is in our world. When (and why, for God's sake) did human life become so inconsequential to so many? I don't know when things completely fell apart, but something needs to change in a major way.