OVC News

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Non-WIU-related OVC (and actually MVFC) news...

Former NDSU star RB, TE/FB coach, OC, and Associate HC Tyler Rohl has been hired as Associate HC and OC at Tennessee State.
https://tsutigers.com/news/2024/1/24/fo ... nator.aspx

NDSU and TSU actually play each other on 9/7 this fall.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
screamingeaglepride

Harry Schroeder, who covers MVC and OVC sport, tweeted 2 hours ago that  he has just spoke to OVC Commissioner Beth DeBauche that news breaking in the OVC. I will try to look at the OVC site tomorrow.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

screamingeaglepride wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:53 pm Harry Schroeder, who covers MVC and OVC sport, tweeted 2 hours ago that  he has just spoke to OVC Commissioner Beth DeBauche that news breaking in the OVC. I will try to look at the OVC site tomorrow.

My guess is adding a team, but there's a few other things it could be. Bad news wouldn't have been worded that way probably.
bignecks

I hate these kinds of tweets, will have me anxious over the OVC changing soda vendors or something
leatherneckcountry

Could be adding more league games 
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:54 pm Could be adding more league games 

That's a possibility, go to a "full" conference schedule where everyone plays everyone else twice. I know that was hinted at a few months ago.

meganeck

Saw a tweet from a reporter covering the NCAA tournament and said they spoke with the OVC commish and there is some breaking news coming. Didn't expand any further, but in the comments people are speculating the conf is probably either adding or losing a school.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Paul Bubb in the BOT meeting mentioned that the OVC is working on a league-wide NIL program. I have no idea if that is the "big news", but it's a thing.
meganeck

Not sure where to put this but saw the Ford Center in Evansville put in a bid to host the MVC women's tourney, which is currently held at the Mark (or whatever its current name is) in Moline,IL.
sealhall74

meganeck wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:05 pm Not sure where to put this but saw the Ford Center in Evansville put in a bid to host the MVC women's tourney, which is currently held at the Mark (or whatever its current name is) in Moline,IL.

The Drake and UNI fans would hate that.  I saw the Semis and Final this year, they both brought a lot of fans to the tournament.
Embrace the pace of the race.