Asst BB Coach Position Posted

wiu712

In the Classified Section of today's Macomb newspaper, there is a sizeable ad for the vacant "Assistant Men's Basketball Coach" position.
WIU0812

Seems like that is an odd place to look for a assistant coach. You would think they would know enough coaches of DII or DIII schools that they could call around and hire someone.
leatherface

Yes, I assume it's a courtesy to list an opening like this in the Macomb paper- hopefully it didn't cost much. I wonder if they put it in the Colchester, Good Hope, Industry and La Harpe papers too.:)
sealhall74

And now for the rest of the story:

http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/7174951 ... ball-coach

Good to see Billy is looking for someone with a "Post" background. But if it were me, I would gladly forgo that masters requirement if the right "Mr. Postman" happened to come calling. ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

I imagine the Macomb newspaper notification was a WIU Equal Opportunity Office requirement.

I know we've been moving to requiring a Master's degree for coaches, but I thought that was only for our head coaches, though it would be preferred for assts. Some of the assts in the past have come and received their Master's while coaching.
meganeck

wiu712 wrote:In the Classified Section of today's Macomb newspaper, there is a sizeable ad for the vacant "Assistant Men's Basketball Coach" position.
I assume to is to replace Hokensen, unless somebody else left
WIU0812

This actually looks like a very good hire!

http://goleathernecks.com/news/2015/6/1 ... 52029.aspx
meganeck

I agree I think it is a great hire
wiu51

I don't see why having a masters degree is a requirement for coaches. I personally do not care if they have a masters degree. We need guys/gals who win and if they don't have a masters that is not a problem for me.
sealhall74

wiu51 wrote:I don't see why having a masters degree is a requirement for coaches. I personally do not care if they have a masters degree. We need guys/gals who win and if they don't have a masters that is not a problem for me.
That would be a very interesting stat study to do. Is there any correlation between level of coach(es) education and team success on the court/field. I might work on that one this summer. I am hoping Mark V took very good notes while at UVa and threw away the ones he was using at Monmouth.
Embrace the pace of the race.