Different helmet styles?

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Ok, for reference, The Helmet Project website has some of the old helmets that we've had in the past (not all, but the more recent ones are there). Here's the MVFC page for it (you'll need to scroll down to get to Western): http://nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/mvfc.htm

One comment on the one from before the block W helmets (prior to last year)...this one...Image
That has the Rocky head over the anchor with the eagle on it...the old logo. That logo is being phased out and per the agreement with the USMC, we are no longer able to use it, so we can't go back to that.

My personal preference is for the Block W, but I like the idea of changing up the design on it. Maybe doing white helmet with a purple W for away uniforms and purple helmets with a white W (with gold outline...like last year). Then vary the pattern on the W...camo pattern for military appreciation day, red white and blue if we play a game on September 11th or something (or the closest home game to 9/11), etc. I would think that changing out the decal would be much cheaper than rolling with a bunch of different helmet colors....we're not Oregon.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
BobLovely

I love the Western helmet from 1968-1973. It is a classic and enduring look. And, it looks great with the home purple jersey...

Bob