Head Coaching Search

Leatherneck57

Here’s some examples I was explaining to you…

From JR Niklos (if you don’t know who he is Google him)

Hey Brian! I’ve talked to Myers and we are going to set up a time to meet. Between Acceleration, BOOM, and me coaching at College Of Dupage I can surely assist. To be honest in the past I’ve sent them multiple athletes without no response so hopefully this time is different. A good example is Mark Gronowski. He had zero offers and would have committed to WIU on the spot. WIU didn’t like him so I called Luke from SDSU (he used to coach at WIU). They offered him on the spot, he committed and led SDSU to the national championship game as an All-American QB this past Spring!

I talked to that staff a bunch but they felt they had the recruiting down pat. I know everything about these kids beyond what the film can show. If they’re hard working, good character, good teammate, etc….all the intangibles that create winners! I want them to get Darrel Smith asap. He’s our RB at COD. Every FBS team I talk to says he’s a perfect fit they’re just backed up at RB because of covid. Kid is a winner and can pound the rock!

I will send you some other examples as well…
Leatherneck57

From B.J. Luke (teammate of mine…played safety and R.J. Luke (former Neck TE that transferred in from Penn State).  They are very successful high school coaches in Georgia.  Check out their recruiting website.

Coach
Our recruiting website is at   storyoftheseason.co/recruitnorthgwinnett   

Players

Jaaymen Rochell. OL/DT

Robert Long  OL. Huge kid trying to catch up with body…

Hayden Morton  FB with very good ball skills. Very physical…also our long snapper also played some defense for us…. Good player

Dylan Gary. Basketball player first year football…. Great spring and summer. Unknown to all

Ethan Washington QB/FS

Grant Godfrey  LB

Tyler Walton. DE

Marek Briley  WR. 

Any time I can help out let me know!
Good luck this year!

BJ

http://storyoftheseason.co/recruitnorthgwinnett/

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8030528/61 ... 0348b6c70a
rocki

Thanks, Leatherneck57! Obviously most of us had no clue as to the behind the scenes goings on. Happy to hear of all the contact you're getting from football alums, and that Myers is a top notch choice in every way.

Wishing him and the team all the luck in the world!!!!! 
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

To follow up with LN57, here's some of Myers Hendrickson's application packet for anyone who is interested:

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Favorite thing I have read so far.  He IS the offensive play caller even as a HC.  That is the ultimate measure of accountability in the game of football IMHO.
I do hope his play call sheet is a little less than 30 pages tho.   Unless he has a supercomputer running in the pressbox, then I will go with that option.  ;)

https://www.wired.com/2016/01/football- ... ing-plays/

Embrace the pace of the race.
vatusay

Wow, if the talk about the previous coach is true sounds like he was even worse than what showed on the surface. 

Looks and sounds like Myers came prepared. I truly hope his vision can come to fruition. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
GV Dad

I was not excited about this hire when it was announced. My son called me after their Zoom meeting where the new Coach was introduced. I had my speech all prepared. It is what it is. Only worry about what you can control. Be positive around your teammates. And I’ll tell you what I actually heard from him.  I haven’t heard my son as excited and fired up since his signing day. I was surprised to say the least. His exact words, “he’s exactly what it means to be a Leatherneck!”  

so my speech immediately shifted to share this excitement with your teammates. Make sure everyone is on board. Everyone is either in or in the way. It’s so good to see my son excited again, not just finishing his time, but really looking forward to it. 

Now, Coach has some important work to do. He has to hire the right assistants to come in and do the work. He’s off to a great start, but he has to get the right men, or women, in here to carry out his vision. Otherwise it’s just words on paper. 

Also, love the idea of recruiting HS players, but we have holes we need filled now, by mature players that are game ready. Hopefully we can be successful with some mid year transfers. Otherwise, we may not even have enough on the roster for a solid Spring practice season. Which is vitally important to success next Fall. 

I also want to add, Coach Minnis has been awesome for the boys over the last few weeks. No one spends more time with the players than the S&C Coach; and we have a Great one!  I’m glad the AD made the decision to retain him. 

As for me, I am all in. Let’s GO NECKS! 
GV Dad

Leatherneck57 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:42 am Here’s some examples I was explaining to you…

From JR Niklos (if you don’t know who he is Google him)

Hey Brian! I’ve talked to Myers and we are going to set up a time to meet. Between Acceleration, BOOM, and me coaching at College Of Dupage I can surely assist. To be honest in the past I’ve sent them multiple athletes without no response so hopefully this time is different. A good example is Mark Gronowski. He had zero offers and would have committed to WIU on the spot. WIU didn’t like him so I called Luke from SDSU (he used to coach at WIU). They offered him on the spot, he committed and led SDSU to the national championship game as an All-American QB this past Spring!

I talked to that staff a bunch but they felt they had the recruiting down pat. I know everything about these kids beyond what the film can show. If they’re hard working, good character, good teammate, etc….all the intangibles that create winners! I want them to get Darrel Smith asap. He’s our RB at COD. Every FBS team I talk to says he’s a perfect fit they’re just backed up at RB because of covid. Kid is a winner and can pound the rock!

I will send you some other examples as well…

https://goleathernecks.com/news/2020/9/ ... iklos.aspx

sealhall74

Speaking of holes to fill, do we have a QB in waiting capable now or are we going to need one.
Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:48 pm Speaking of holes to fill, do we have a QB in waiting capable now or are we going to need one.

The players still like Henry a lot. He was pigeon holed by the old staff for whatever reason. I think though if you can get a good grad transfer from the portal you have to take him.