Countdown to Leatherneck Football

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Probably should have started this sooner, but....better late than never.

It is now Image days until Leatherneck Football.

#16 Devin O'Hara is a Redshirt Freshmen QB from Mt. Prospect, IL (Prospect HS)
A Sports Management major, Devin comes from an athletic family, with both his father (football) and his mother (gymnastics) lettering at the University of Minnesota.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Image days until Leatherneck Football.

#15 J'Vaughn Williams is a Sophomore WR (has also played as a QB) from Collinsville, IL (home of the world's largest Catsup/Ketchup bottle).
Williams played in 3 games last year as a RS-Freshman QB, rushing 3 times for 34 (with a long of 30), and attempting 4 passes.
WIU0812

Wonder if you could create a new section just below where the ads go that has this count down instead of in a thread. Would be neat if the first thing you saw when you entered forum was the countdown. Probably asking to much as I know your most likely busy.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yea, that's a good idea, although it's a little late for me to implement on the forum part of the site. I might be able to put something together for the front page though. I'll see what I can do.
WIU0812

Sounds good, just thought it was a decent idea. I see a lot of forums that have like your wallpaper you made with the dates of football games posted on their home page or they do something like the countdown so when you first come in you see it.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Tossed something up on the front page. Since it only goes through the photos each day and doesn't say anything about who they are, the photos link to this thread, then each day I'll post it here as well with a short bit about who they are.
WIU0812

This probably is not right place to put this, but I wanted to make you aware that I was unable upload a file when using the mobile version. I tried to post the picture of my jersey last night from my phone and did not have any luck in doing so. This may just be my phone, but thought I should make you aware. Also, the home button on the site seems to just take you back to the forum and not all the way to the home page.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I don't know about the uploading from mobile issue, I'll have to check that out. As for the Home button, since it's part of the forum software, it's not that easy to get it to point to the actual front page (which is outside the forum itself). The title bar at the top of the page does take you out to the main front page, though.

Also....

Image days until Leatherneck Football.

#14 is Sophomore QB, Trenton Norvell.
Norvell is from Daytona Beach, FL and originally attended Cincinnati, redshirting for his first year. He then transferred to Western and started rewriting the record book for freshmen QBs at Western.
Last year he averaged 178.3 yards per game passing w/ 16 TDs and 16 INTs. He also rushed for 39 yards and 2 TDs.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Image days until it's game time.

#13 is Senior Defensive End Jeremy Curry from Bolingbrook, IL.
Curry transferred to Western from Eastern Michigan in 2012 and has played in every game for the Leathernecks since. His career high for tackles in a game came last year against Indiana State, when he had 10. He comes from an athletic family...his brother played in the Arena League with Arizona and Chicago, his father played baseball for the Astros, and his uncle Roy played NFL football for the Bears and Steelers.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Image Days left

#12 Demetrius Allen is a Jr. Linebacker from Miami, FL. He'll have 2 years of eligibility left after transferring from Idaho State (FCS, Big Sky). Here's his profile page over at Idaho State's site.