Rob Jeter's Future at WIU

meganeck

Well Boudreau has been named interim coach. Nothing in the release mentions why, but they probably can't say anything until Jeter to SUU is official

At least they are moving fast to name him the interim. 

may know

Bummer. Unfortunately, being a low-budget school with the geographic isolation of Macomb will always make it an uphill climb to retain good coaches. 

I don’t think it had anything to do with a clash with the AD or behind-the-scenes instability. Macomb is just tough to recruit to and the WAC is a top-half-of-D1 conference. 
sealhall74

Maybe someone in Macomb told him about Zion Young.   :lol:

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

may know wrote:Bummer. Unfortunately, being a low-budget school with the geographic isolation of Macomb will always make it an uphill climb to retain good coaches. 

I don’t think it had anything to do with a clash with the AD or behind-the-scenes instability. Macomb is just tough to recruit to and the WAC is a top-half-of-D1 conference. 
Yup, SUU is a decent school/team (24-13 last year) in a decent conference (not far off from the MVC and quite a bit ahead of the summit) and can probably afford to pay their HC quite a bit more than we can. A school twice our size in a town twice the size of Macomb in a much more scenic area.

It sucks, but at this point, we can’t do much to compete in terms of money. Someday, maybe…but not now nor any time in the near future. Hopefully Coach Boudreau is able to keep the success we had under Jeter going and we can actually build something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
hoops3

Last two times we got in a hurry and hired within has turned out to be a disaster.   Once in basketball and once in football.   I pray they take their time and if someone within is the best hire than do it.   Just be patient!
vatusay

hoops3 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:33 pm Last two times we got in a hurry and hired within has turned out to be a disaster.   Once in basketball and once in football.   I pray they take their time and if someone within is the best hire than do it.   Just be patient!

Agree 100%.

Jeter definitely leaves us in a better place than when he got here. 

I think we all knew this was coming at some point. Was hoping to see at least one or two more years with him at the helm. WIU will never be anything more than a pit stop for up and comers and that’s just how it is. Whether they help (Jeter) or hurt (DT) is the big question. 

I hope we see SUU and WIU in the big dance next year.  Wish Coach Jeter nothing but the best. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
Mfritz2828

Ben McCollum.  
bignecks

Boudreau is the guy. All of our good recruits seemed to have came from his network while also being the top assistant. It sucks we lost Jeter, but I think we nailed the right guy for the next coach. Plus he wants to be here. Lives in his hometown somewhat close to Macomb. I'm really happy with him being named head coach. 
leatherneckcountry

I would guess that they do a National search to see if someone unexpected has interest but my guess would be that it comes down to Chad Geoff Alexander or Saul Phillips now that just a complete guess on my part.
Neckfansince71

No matter whether it is filled in-house or with a world wide search, the job has got to be posted for a specific amount of time which will allow our AD to sift through potential candidates and applications.  I would imagine that Bubbs is swamped this morning with coaches ready to try their luck at continuing the turn-around that Coach Jeter started.  Now a days, I am not really too sure what works better as far as in house of WWS.  The two coaches you mentioned above have very strong roots to the midwest, Alexander being a WIU grad X 2 and working currently for Underwood at UofI and Saul who had a ton of success at Ohio and is now the head coach at Northern State, a D2 Dakota school.  Throw into the mix of Boudreau and you have a very interesting dilemma.  The two weeks of large crowds WIU had is just the start to better things to come.  I wish Coach Jeter the best and I am very happy Bubb is at the helm. ;)
 jc