Hanson Field

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
Western_101

People smarter than me can help guild me.

I think our Moody's bond rating is A2 it is OK not great not bad.  Apparently we were flirting with Baa2 back in 2016 (Thanks Rauner). 

Listen, other schools fund big Facility projects on bonds.  Non profits are tax exempt. I do not know what our debt load is. I don't know a lot.

I do know with a degree of certainty we can get a 25mil Westside done using bonds, selling rights to Pella, Banks, Hotels, car dealerships and whatever, to pay back over 20 years the bonds. If other schools can do it why can't we? 

We have no other choice do or die! The can, can no longer be kicked. 

bignecks

If they're gonna do it, the interest rates say it's probably the time.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

bignecks wrote:If they're gonna do it, the interest rates say it's probably the time.
I think it’s the reverse. If you’re issuing bonds, you want interest rates to be low, because that’s what you’ll have to pay the bond-holders back. I’m not an expert though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
bignecks

You're right about that. I was thinking from the consumer side. 
Western_101

Western_101 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:40 pm People smarter than me can help guide me.

I think our Moody's bond rating is A2 it is OK not great not bad.  Apparently we were flirting with Baa2 back in 2016 (Thanks Rauner). 

Listen, other schools fund big Facility projects on bonds.  Non profits are tax exempt. I do not know what our debt load is. I don't know a lot.

I do know with a degree of certainty we can get a 25mil Westside done using bonds, selling rights to Pella, Banks, Hotels, car dealerships and whatever, to pay back over 20 years the bonds. If other schools can do it why can't we? 

We have no other choice do or die! The can, can no longer be kicked.