2023/2024 Men's Basketball Schedule

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Looks like we're going to be a part of a multi-team event (MTE) with Illinois, Valpo, and SIU this November: https://www.news-gazette.com/newsletter ... 79932.html

I wonder if Valpo and SIU will skip playing each other in this because they're already going to be playing each other in their conference games. Southern University, not SIU.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:25 am Looks like we're going to be a part of a multi-team event (MTE) with Illinois, Valpo, and SIU this November: https://www.news-gazette.com/newsletter ... 79932.html

I wonder if Valpo and SIU will skip playing each other in this because they're already going to be playing each other in their conference games.

It looks like it Southern University instead of SIU I’m surprised it has taken this long to play the Illini 

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:55 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:25 am Looks like we're going to be a part of a multi-team event (MTE) with Illinois, Valpo, and SIU this November: https://www.news-gazette.com/newsletter ... 79932.html

I wonder if Valpo and SIU will skip playing each other in this because they're already going to be playing each other in their conference games.

It looks like it Southern University instead of SIU I’m surprised it has taken this long to play the Illini

You are correct. Southern University.

may know

Was ISU a 2-for-1? We get them here if so.
leatherneckcountry

may wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:57 am Was ISU a 2-for-1? We get them here if so.

I don't see anyway they would ever come here
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

So I think here's what we have so far:

November 13 - @ Youngstown State
November 16 - @ UTSA (we're getting $50k to play there)

Date Unknown - Multi-Team Event with Illinois, Valpo, and Southern University

And what was that bit about ISU? Illinois State? I'd think for a 2-for-1 they'd be willing to come here. Short travel, fills up a non-conference slot for 3 years (that don't have to go to a game against a lower division team) with two of them being home games and they probably don't have to spend anything to make it happen. We got the Hoosiers to come here with a 2-for-1, so I don't see why Illinois State wouldn't be willing to do it.
vatusay

They don’t want to get beat again by lowly wiu. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

OVC conference schedule should be released this week or maybe next if history repeats itself and it usually does.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

ISU posted there schedule and we’re not on it