2024 Recruits/Commitments

leatherneckcountry

Rockydog wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:20 am
leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:49 am My guess is we will see a heavy dose of transfers this 1st year then go after HS kids next year just my guess based off of who we have been offering. Colorado has a 6 man class and look at all the excitement Deion brought 

So Deion started on December 4th of LAST year, and here is an article about his first recruiting class.
https://thednvr.com/a-complete-breakdow ... ing-class/

Not sure what point you were trying to make but it is not valid.

Attachments
IMG_0880.png
IMG_0880.png (585.71 KiB) Viewed 2614 times
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Rockydog wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:20 amSo Deion started on December 4th of LAST year, and here is an article about his first recruiting class.
https://thednvr.com/a-complete-breakdow ... ing-class/

Not sure what point you were trying to make but it is not valid.

Deion is the ultimate "outlier". He got 4 and 5 star players and the #1 HS player of the year to go to an FCS school. Most of them then followed him to Colorado. I don't think you can really compare anything about that situation with what we have going on here.

EDIT - how about one of our new conference-mates that went 4-7 last year and went through a coaching change, hiring their new HC on December 3rd...TTU had 2 players sign during the early signing period: https://www.ttusports.com/sports/fball/ ... 1220fgtpvu
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

I was trying to compare that Deion has a very small HS class and is relying heavily on the portal which is also what I believe we will be doing at least for this year 
rocki

Oh, good heavens!!!!! Could we at least wait and see how things go before we start acting like all is lost?  So South Dakota had 22 signees - I've been blasted using this example before, but I personally STILL think it plays into recruiting. Find the number of D1 schools in each state - both Dakotas have 2. IL has 13.  The states around them are similar. Their pool is just simply larger and more competitive than ours. Yes, WIU has declined, there's no denying that; but there's also no denying that we have more options in our state than they do.
Rockydog

rocki wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:39 am Oh, good heavens!!!!! Could we at least wait and see how things go before we start acting like all is lost?  So South Dakota had 22 signees - I've been blasted using this example before, but I personally STILL think it plays into recruiting. Find the number of D1 schools in each state - both Dakotas have 2. IL has 13.  The states around them are similar. Their pool is just simply larger and more competitive than ours. Yes, WIU has declined, there's no denying that; but there's also no denying that we have more options in our state than they do.

Did you happen to see the next post that said EIU had 16??  Just wondering?

Rockydog

rocki wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:39 am Oh, good heavens!!!!! Could we at least wait and see how things go before we start acting like all is lost?  So South Dakota had 22 signees - I've been blasted using this example before, but I personally STILL think it plays into recruiting. Find the number of D1 schools in each state - both Dakotas have 2. IL has 13.  The states around them are similar. Their pool is just simply larger and more competitive than ours. Yes, WIU has declined, there's no denying that; but there's also no denying that we have more options in our state than they do.

And good heavens seems a little dramatic…

rocki

Rockydog wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:35 pm

And good heavens seems a little dramatic…

Whatever. I don't doubt that Coach Davis was part of the recruiting of the 16 for EIU, but I wouldn't have expected them to change their plans for the future because he came to WIU. Surely you weren't.  I figured at this late date, there would be a lot of portal additions, with rebuilding starting after we get our feet under us.
bignecks

I think it's kind of clear that there's one guy here who uses anything he can to disparage the program. We haven't won a game for two years! We all know this! None of us like it! You don't have to disparage the efforts of a new coach because of that. 
QLotVeteran

bignecks wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:21 am I think it's kind of clear that there's one guy here who uses anything he can to disparage the program. We haven't won a game for two years! We all know this! None of us like it! You don't have to disparage the efforts of a new coach because of that. 

^^^ This!! ^^^   Thank you! 
Rockydog

https://edgytim.forums.rivals.com/threa ... 024.26641/

Article analyzing WIU’s early signing.