Twitter Account

Forum info, updates, discussion. If you have a request for something you want to see on the forum, feel free to bring it up here.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just FYI, with all the nonsense that Elon is pulling with Twitter these days, it's getting much harder for me to track recruiting information. It's also made it so that the site twitter account (https://twitter.com/LeatherneckFans) no longer loads on the front page of Leatherneck Nation. I'm going to keep doing my best, but I just wanted to let everyone know that, yes, I know there are issues, and no, there's not much I can do about them.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Twitter is much different post Elon from my perspective.  I dont post much or have tons of followers but when I do post something, it seems like the only people? seeing it and occasionally liking or following me are really young attractive mostly asian girls. Go figure.  He had his engineers rework the "Who sees what when" algorithm to make it better for him and other similar high rollers.  Hell, in the past, I was getting likes from people like Dick Vitale and Katy Couric.  No longer the case.

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:14 am Twitter is much different post Elon from my perspective.  I dont post much or have tons of followers but when I do post something, it seems like the only people? seeing it and occasionally liking or following me are really young attractive mostly asian girls. Go figure.  He had his engineers rework the "Who sees what when" algorithm to make it better for him and other similar high rollers.  Hell, in the past, I was getting likes from people like Dick Vitale and Katy Couric.  No longer the case.

They've now made the "tweetdeck" interface a paid-only option. That's what allowed me to have searches up all the time for (and subsequently, keep a pretty good eye on) offers and commitments. Now that that is out the window, I'm pretty much done with twitter, and have removed it from the front page of this site. Hopefully recruiting annoucement stuff will move to some other service that'll allow me to monitor it, but until that happens, it's going to be pretty difficult for me to keep up on those things.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:07 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:14 am Twitter is much different post Elon from my perspective.  I dont post much or have tons of followers but when I do post something, it seems like the only people? seeing it and occasionally liking or following me are really young attractive mostly asian girls. Go figure.  He had his engineers rework the "Who sees what when" algorithm to make it better for him and other similar high rollers.  Hell, in the past, I was getting likes from people like Dick Vitale and Katy Couric.  No longer the case.

They've now made the "tweetdeck" interface a paid-only option. That's what allowed me to have searches up all the time for (and subsequently, keep a pretty good eye on) offers and commitments. Now that that is out the window, I'm pretty much done with twitter, and have removed it from the front page of this site. Hopefully recruiting annoucement stuff will move to some other service that'll allow me to monitor it, but until that happens, it's going to be pretty difficult for me to keep up on those things.

If you do find a site and need some automatic scraping, I have found puppetteer really powerful.  I use it to scrape all the stats from the NCAA site.

https://pptr.dev/

Embrace the pace of the race.